Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NERAX needs your help

Hello All,

NERAX, the New England Real eXhibition, needs your help. We loaned a bunch of firkins to an importer that needed some help bringing UK cask conditioned beers to the US. The firkins were all shipped to a distributor in the NYC market in September. Sadly, many of those firkins have not come back from the marketplace.

We need your help! If you see a firkin that has either a sticker, or is embossed with the name NERAX or CASC, it doesn't belong in the field. These are privately owned firkins used to bring UK beer to the US for cask festivals, and to send US beers to the Great British Beer Festival.

We have never, nor will we ever sell one of these firkins. We only loan them to breweries, importers, exporters, and distributors for a single use to support NERAX and CAMRA festivals. They belong to NERAX, and we need them back, desparately!

This debacle has resulted in the lost of almost 30% of our cooperage. We are desperate to get these firkins back. We can't hold our festivals, or support the shipping of US beers for entry in the Champion American Beer at Great British Beer Festival competition in the UK without getting this cooperage back.

If you receive one of these firkins, or see one in the field, please contact me to let me know where it is. I am happy to pay the shipping cost to have the firkin returned.

Thank you for listening.

Mike
    mikelabbe@nerax.org
    Michael Labbe
    Brewery Engineer / Director of Operations
    Lord Hobo Brewing Company
    5 Draper Street
    Woburn, MA 01801

We've found a couple

Hello All,

I am thrilled to report that I have received a couple of notes from folks that have found some of my CASC / NERAX firkins in the field. Can you believe I even had one of them located in Denver!

I am still down more than 20 firkins, so am hoping for more good samaritans to help me out.

Cheers,
    Mike
    mikelabbe@nerax.org

Michael Labbe
    Head Cellarman
    New England Real Ale eXhibition

American Cask Beer Coordinator
    Great British Beer Festival
    Michael Labbe
    Brewery Engineer / Director of Operations
    Lord Hobo Brewing Company
    5 Draper Street