Thread: Looking for a 3.5-7bbl system

Looking for a 3.5-7bbl system

We are fully funded and looking for the right system. We need it all, from grain mill to bright tanks. Ideally we would like something steam fired but are open to the idea of direct fire. No Electric. As close to a turn key system as possible would be great, but we can fill in the gaps if needed. Looking forward to hearing from you. Cheers!

I would not go any smaller that 7 BBL's. Read this and then soundbrew is a good place to start looking for used equipment.

Kinda funny side note but the system in the picture was at one of our restaurants- we only had it so we could brew the minimum previously required by the state in order to allow for self-distribution. Most of the beer that location sold was brewed on our larger systems at other locations. Once the law changed it was not used any more (except for the occasional experimental brew or to give an asst. brewer a chance at recipe formulation), we finally sold it off and put in a couple more tables which are more profitable than a 3 BBL system.
    Jeff Byrne

Agree with Jephro, do yourselves a favor and go for the 7. Actually I would not install anything less than 10, 15 would be ideal. There really is a reason people say this, small brew systems don't make money and I bet that you will regret the 3.5 system as soon as you brew your first batch. Yes it has been done but most of the small system guys that have not folded are on much larger systems now. As usual, there are exceptions but they are rare. $ difference between 3.5 and 7 is minimal. I installed a 15 and already need a 30-50 in less than two years! Plan for success, not treading water/failure.

Good luck!
    Beaux Bowman
    Black Raven Brewing

Hey guys, thanks for the sound advice (no pun intended). Pretty much echos everything I have heard from other brewers. Would love to go big and am well aware that it takes the same effort and time to brew a single 7bbl batch as a single 15bbl batch. Unfortunately we simply just don't have the space for a 15bbl system and it's auxillary components. Could probably go as big as 10hl and truthfully we will likely follow your advice and go with a 7bbl min. Thanks again fellas.

Where is your brewery located? We have dealers in the U.S.