New Brewery Hose Any Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Brewery Hose Any Advice?

Hi I am looking to slowly replace all of our brewery hoses and was wondering if anybody had recently bought hose and had:

1. A good supplier

2. A recommended brand (Unaflex, Gates etc)

Thanks,

Max
    Lewis & Clark Brewing Company
    Lewis & Clark County, Helena Montana

I like goodyear hoses, which I purchased through GW Kent, last quite well and are kink resistant.
    Davo Geiser
    Assistant Brewer
    Otto's Pub & Brewery
    State College, PA USA

Comment

Hi Max-

We just went through a similar exercise. Actually I had a fair amount of Gates Food and Beverage Master hose that I wanted internally expanded ends put on. Not finding anyone able to do it locally I had Associated Hose Products (800-522-4673) in Portland install them. They were quite knowlegable and familliar with brewery applications. I dealt with Trevor Weld.

They recommended Good Year White Flexwing to me and quoted about $6/ft. but since we still had the Gates I didn't purchase any. Good Luck

-Clarke Pelz
      Moose's Tooth Brewing Co.
      Clarke Pelz
      Cynosure Brewing

Comment

call steve huseby at goodall hoses in minneapolis.

Comment

Hose

I had good luck with Associated Hose in Portland. I got the Goodyear white flexwing for a good price and excellent service.
          So far it seems to be a nice hose.
          Big Willey
          "You are what you is." FZ

Comment

For what it is worth, here is the info ABT have on their website (http://www.abtonline.com/abtdiff.html) regarding hose selection:

"ABT's cellar equipment includes clear, food-grade reinforced PVC transfer hose specifically designed for suction as well as discharge duty. This allows clear indication of when the hose is flooded or when the supply tank is exhausted, especially important during filtration. Our high-temperature brewer's hose is of the highest quality, solid and durable, and will give many years of service. Our hose-end adapters are of the long-shank, machined barb type, which prevents leakage and dangerous hose-end bursting."

I particularly liked the idea of the clear hose and the burst-proof ends - just ideas which you might like to consider????

Comment

Working...
            X