Warehouse Logistics Manager Wanted-Bell's Brewery
If interested, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMARY: The Warehouse Logistics Manager is responsible for the management and oversight of all warehouse, supply chain, and logistics functions for both the daily operational and long-term strategic needs. Plans, organizes, and monitors the receiving, storage, and internal distribution of all items received either from suppliers or production ensuring a smooth and consistent operation so product and supplies are located and distributed to proper departments in an effective and efficient manner to satisfy internal and external customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain a personnel structure and staffing level to accomplish the Warehouse and Receiving needs in an effective and efficient manner. .
• Plans and coordinates work, trains and motivates, monitors and evaluates performance of staff; ensures their ability to safely operate material handling equipment to move materials to and from storage configurations; Counsels, records, and disciplines as necessary.
• Develops Crew Leaders to effectively oversee the daily routines of their assigned staff.
• Maintains an equipment structure and level to accomplish the Warehouse and Receiving mission in a safe, effective manner.
• Provides appropriate equipment and racking to ensure the safe transport and storage of all materials.
• Researches material handling equipment to ensure procurement of the most suitable equipment in terms of performance, safety, reliability, and cost.
• Monitors the unloading of all materials into the Receiving Department;
• Ensures materials are staged for counting and inspection;
• Ensures receiving reports accurately report material received.
• Resolves discrepancies with Accounting regarding invoices, packing slips, and receiver reports.
• Monitors the flow of paperwork from Receiving to Inventory Control for timely data entry. Oversees the movement of material from Receiving to the Warehouse in an efficient, effective, and safe manner.
• Ensures materials are stored properly to conserve space, quality standards are met, and complies with all safety procedures.
• Oversees the rotation of inventories within the warehouse.
• Monitors and measures Receiving and Warehouse performance for accuracy of locator, receiving reporting, movement and storage of material, and transfers to Service Parts.
• Anticipate and request funding for future personnel requirements.
• Anticipate and request funding for future material handling equipment.
• Performs other related duties as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DIMENSIONS:
• Manages a staff of 12 or more employees encompassing 2 shifts
• Oversees the receiving, storage and distribution of all product and materials for a 36,000+ sq/ft manufacturing warehouse facility.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD POSSESS:
• B.S. or B.A. Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Industrial Management or related field.
• Minimum of three (3) years experience in Warehousing, Receiving, Inventory Control, or Materials Management in a manufacturing environment.
• Minimum of five (5) years Supervisory experience.
• Strong knowledge of Receiving, Warehouse, and Material Handling operations, methods, and practices.
• Ability to develop personnel and equipment structures to support present and future operations.
• Organizational skills: must be able to efficiently multi-task and prioritize.
• Interpersonal skills sufficient to be comfortable leading in a team environment with a great deal of interdepartmental coordination.
• Solid experience working with SQL (Sequel) database software.
• Knowledge of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and customer systems.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software, especially Access and Excel (pivot tables used frequently)
• Must possess the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
• Performance duties of this job include regularly being required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk, hear, and smell.
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 lbs.
• Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
• Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• Must be able to participate in organoleptical assessment of beers.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• The work environment is usually that of a brewery.
• The employee occasionally must work in a sterile environment.
• The noise level in certain parts of the brewery is occasionally loud (80-90 dB).
• The employee regularly works around high voltage, flame, hot water, and steam.
• The employee regularly works with hazardous materials.
• The employee works near moving mechanical parts.
• The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
OTHER ACTIVITIES: Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
Pay commensurate with experience.