Leaking Baldor Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking Baldor Pump

I have a used Baldor High Efficiency Electric Motor Pump-3 Phase/1.5HP (M3550). It has a tri-clamp fitting and it is one of my two pumps on my Specific Mechanics brew system. This pump is leaking, and it seems to be leaking around the shaft area, not around the area of the large tri-clamp fitting. I am not the most knowledgable about pumps either. It seems like things just need to be tightened up, as my leak has gotten a little worse over the last week or two.
    I have taken it apart and the seals seem OK, but I will be purchasing two replacement kits. Is there a good place to purchase seal kits other than straight through Baldor?
    Any Thoughts? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Jon Christiansen
    Head Brewer, Lucette Brewing Co.
    Menomonie, WI

Sounds like your pump seals (around the shaft) need to be replaced. If you are able to get the seal kit from Baldor directly, get it from them!
    No sense involving a middle-man.

Prost!
    Dave
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Definitely the seal face.

Sorry I can't suggest a broker.

Pax.

Liam
      Liam McKenna
      www.yellowbellybrewery.com

Comment

Baldor is a motor manufacturer, not a pump manufacturer. You need to look on the pump proper, not the motor for information on make & model. Most small pumps have simple seals that are available widely. If you can't find anything on the pump, post pictures. Someone somewhere will know what it is. Good luck!
        Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Thanks Gitchegumee. I understand why I was a little confused when trying to find a picture on Baldor's website, and only saw the motor for my pump with no pictures of the "pump proper". My pump proper seems extremely common and I have seen the same setup on many pumps I have used in the past...I will have to research some more and maybe post a pic...thanks

Comment

Waukesha Cherry Burrell is pretty common for pumps C series. AMPCO possibly. Dig through any paperwork at the brewery and see if you find an old manual or invoice.
            Big Willey
            "You are what you is." FZ

Comment

Originally posted by gitchegumee
              Baldor is a motor manufacturer, not a pump manufacturer. You need to look on the pump proper, not the motor for information on make & model. Most small pumps have simple seals that are available widely. If you can't find anything on the pump, post pictures. Someone somewhere will know what it is. Good luck!
              yup, right.
              Gotta remember to actually think before I respond to a post!
              Thanks gitchegumee for correcting my foot in mouth.
              Prost!
              Dave
              Glacier Brewing Company
              406-883-2595
              info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Here is a picture of my pump proper taken apart. Hopefully.

Comment

Dang. I can't upload my picture.

Comment

There are a lot of image hosting sites out there that you can link, imageshack, picasa, flickr etc. Then link to the pictures themselves here.
                    ~Phil

Comment

Thanks Pompei.
                      Here is a link to a picture of my pump.

Cheers,
                      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by JonChristiansen
                        Thanks Pompei.
                        Here is a link to a picture of my pump.

Cheers,
                        Jon
                        Link returns: JonChristiansen doesn't have anything available to you.
                        Cheers!
                        David R. Pierce

Comment

Yup same, probably permissions. See who is allowed to view it.
                          ~Phil

Comment

Du'oh! Sorry guys, I've never used the flicker before. Lemmie try to change things...

Comment

If anyone would like to check out the page again to check if you can see my picture. That'd be awesome....
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X