Cold Spring Brewing Company, located 90-miles west of Minneapolis, is currently seeking a brewer to assist us in making and selling the highest quality beers on a regional and national level. Qualified candidates may submit resumes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Cold Spring Brewing Company, Attn: Human Resources, 219 North Red River Avenue, Cold Spring, MN 56320.
JOB SUMMARY: This position monitors, performs, and documents the processes involved in batching, brewing, and moving of alcoholic products. The initial job focus for this position will be in the area of filtration and sanitation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Batches and brews the beer. Process includes, but is not limited to weighing, mixing and processing all ingredients in a very specific order, quantity, and time.
2. Collects samples of product for testing and quality verification.
3. Sanitizes tanks, lines, heat exchangers, and other equipment, following all appropriate safety and quality procedures.
4. Stages the beer, especially monitoring critical temperature requirements of the process.
5. Monitors product appropriately throughout process until released to Filtration for final processing.
6. Maintains cleanliness of areas responsible for and follow all GMPs to the letter.
7. Responsible to let treatment plant know of any unusual sewage loads.
8. Involved the taste testing process.
9. Is responsible for the kegs, including; washing, filling, hauling, and recording production.
10. Is responsible for the maintenance of all pumps and valves in area of responsibility.
11. Performs all other duties as assigned or required by the supervisor/customer.
TYPICAL WORKING ENVIRONMENT: This position works entirely in a production environment. Noise, dust, and variable temperature and use of production chemicals are also typical in this work environment. May be required to work and direct in confined spaces, and work with high pressure steam.
Education: High School Diploma. Post secondary training in brewing is preferred.
Experience: 1-3 years experience is preferred.
Skills and Abilities: This position requires above average verbal and written communication skills. Thorough knowledge of production operations, including all safety requirements. Position requires a thorough knowledge of brewing including above average math and science skills including biology & chemistry. Must be completely familiar with appropriate safety procedures such as confined space entry and hazard communications requirements. Must have a strong mechanical background, be goal oriented, and be able to work independently and as a team. Must also have good organization skills and be detailed oriented. Must be able to work effectively with all levels of personnel.