Pka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pka

Has anyone had any luck with getting ahold of Plastic Kegs America? I have not been able to get a response out of them and i have been trying to get ahold of them for 2 weeks.
    Cheers!
    -Alan

Alan,
    We just ordered some kegs from them. We ran into similar problems, it took a while to get the order placed, the order was late, and then they didn't ship the tool to open the kegs with. However the kegs are nice and work well.
    If you're not in a hurry for the kegs I'd recommend them, but if you want kegs quick I'd advise you find another source as lead times and customer service are not their strong points.

Manu
    Nexus Brewery
    Manuel

Comment

Originally posted by mmussen
      Alan,
      We just ordered some kegs from them. We ran into similar problems, it took a while to get the order placed, the order was late, and then they didn't ship the tool to open the kegs with. However the kegs are nice and work well.
      If you're not in a hurry for the kegs I'd recommend them, but if you want kegs quick I'd advise you find another source as lead times and customer service are not their strong points.

Manu
      Nexus Brewery
      Yes the tool.
      We did not get it ether.

Comment

We tried to get a response from them for several weeks. We wanted to buy some samples to test. Never got a response, so we gave up.

It's a strange thing. The economy is in the dumps, but no one wants to make any money. I have requests for bids on goods and services ignored all the time, or people will finally call back weeks after we've gone with another vendor. Not just brewing industry vendors, but across the board.

On the other hand you've got outfits like Pro Refrigeration that are top notch. I wish everyone provided that kind of service.

Comment

Originally posted by Bierkoenig
          It's a strange thing. The economy is in the dumps, but no one wants to make any money. I have requests for bids on goods and services ignored all the time, or people will finally call back weeks after we've gone with another vendor. Not just brewing industry vendors, but across the board.

I have a theory about that -- these businesses want to make money, but they won't hire enough people to do the work. Their line of reasoning, "It's a crap economy -- we can get one person to do the work of three!"

Problem is, that one person can't really do the work of three, and service/quality/etc suffers.

Also, these employers won't pay to hire the best. As my buddy Jimbo says, "If ya' pays peanuts, ya' gets monkeys."

Comment

I agree 100% with Eric. Too many people think that giving lesser quality service will still make them eke out a profit. They've missed the point entirely. If you keep the service at 100% they'll keep coming back and keep your business going. I don't know why so many companies don't get that.
            ~Phil

Comment

About to Give Up

I have been calling them and e-mailing them just about every day for 2 weeks now. We are now looking at other options......hopefully we can find some afordable kegs that can help us get started.
              Cheers!
              -Alan

Comment

Sales

Maybe everybody is trying this, but I have always received a response from Chris Kerrison, the VP of Sales. Usually takes a day or two, but then the kegs are shipped out shortly there after.

Mobile: 310-430-1823
                Direct: 310-736-1369
                chris.kerrison@plastickegsamerica.com

Good Luck

Comment

Hope that you never have to deal with warranty issues

I tried to get a hold of them after the CBC Chicago 2010 and I played phone tag with them for five months because I had a number of broken chimes. I was always assured that I would get someone to call me and get the warranty issues resolved but it never happened. I sold the kegs and I will never do business with them again.

Comment

We finally ordered from Schaefer Kegs. We paid more money but in the end it probably is a better product and they actually answer their phone. How sad is it that better service is what I would consider the bare minimum.
                    Tim Eichinger
                    Visit our website blackhuskybrewing.com

Comment

I sent a quote request today, and heard back in a couple of hours or less.

Comment

I got a quote from them yesterday too after several voicemail messages left weeks ago and a week after I requested one by email . In contrast Schaefer kegs got me a quote the same day and delivery will be tomorrow when I ordered Monday.
                        Tim Eichinger
                        Visit our website blackhuskybrewing.com

Comment

@Tim - good to know. Slightly off topic, but I have had a lot of quote requests unanswered, and probably wont try back after two emails. At first I thought it was the cbc, but that was a month ago, and still no response from certain vendors. Time to search the threads for a list of vendors who get back to you, and seem to want your business...

Comment

Chris doesn't work for them anymore. Call Claudia Thatcher at 310-736-7398 or Claudia@pkamerica.com

Comment

Return

We did finally get several return calls and e-mails. It sounded like they have been extreamly busy.
                              Cheers!
                              -Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X