Bottling Line Operator - Portland, OR
North American Breweries’ craft brewery in Portland (where our award-winning Pyramid and MacTarnahan’s beers are handcrafted, brewed and packaged) is seeking a FT Bottling Line Operator.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible
• Safely and efficiently operate packaging equipment (de-palletizer, filler, labeler, drop-packer, cardboard erectors, palletizer, SuperKing) to ensure a consistent and high quality finished product.
• Cross-train on all packaging equipment and rotate positions
• Troubleshoot machinery during operation; Make necessary adjustments to misadjusted equipment and report major malfunctions to the immediate supervisor
• Manage quality control of all machine applications
• Maintain quality control of product leaving designated machine
• Wear proper PPE (personal protective equipment)
• Verify daily packaging schedule prior to start-up
• Complete operator reports including tracking production schedule
• Clean machines at the end of packaging run
• Openly communicate ideas and suggestions for improvements
• Take action to prevent scrap; identify to supervisor recurring scrap issues
• Drive forklift in safe and efficient manner; Supply packaging line and keg line with materials
• Rotate all stock (first in - first out); Process paperwork for all transactions (e.g. bill of lading, pick lists, etc.)
• Maintain warehouse cleanliness and organization
• Perform other related duties and assignments as required and assigned
• Must be available to work a flexible rotating schedule as business needs dictate (including weekends & holidays)
Our ideal candidate will have at least 1 year hands on experience in a similar role within the beverage industry and is able to meet the requirements of the position.
We offer a competitive compensation and generous benefits. Please see the full posting and apply online at www.NABreweries.com. We will be contacting candidates via phone or e-mail to schedule interviews. Background checks, physical aptitude test and a hair drug screen may be required. Check out what we are up to locally at www.macsbeer.com and www.pyramidbrew.com.