Alcohol benefits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcohol benefits?

"Frequent moderate drinking of alcohol is associated with a lower risk of fatty liver disease".

How to share this info with consumers?? Should you, would you ,could you?

Here's the link:
    In a large study of men in Japan, the presence of fatty liver disease by ultrasonography showed an inverse ( reduced risk) association with the frequency of moderate alcohol consumption; however, there was some suggestion of an increase in fatty liver disease with higher volume of alcohol consumed per day. Moderate drinkers had lower levels of obesity than did non-drinkers, and both obesity and metabolic abnormalities were positively associated with fatty liver disease.

The FED does not allow any statements advancing health and moderate alcohol consumption on any printed materials or beer marketing, which makes you wonder where free speech comes in.......

Comment

"The FED does not allow any statements advancing health and moderate alcohol consumption on any printed materials or beer marketing, which makes you wonder where free speech comes in......."- South Country

I hear you and I've heard this before.

I must ask though, do folks actually challenge this concept? I mean, if you called your beverage say even, "Healing Ale", would that inhibit label approval?
      Has anybody ever had experience with this topic of labeling an alcoholic beverage with any form of verbage relating to health(other than the blueberry beers and that labeling)?

Heck, if I were to name a hop "Medicinal" due to it's high beta acid profile, would truth in labeling supercede any rules relating to what South Country mentioned?

If so,,,and I named a plant "Medicinal",,,you would or could put on the label that that beer was brewed with Medicinal Hops.

I'm just wondering how tight this line is and the stories that have been affected by this line of word choice.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X