Pacific Brewery Systems (PBST) Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacific Brewery Systems (PBST) Feedback

We are looking for additional information about Pacific Brewery Systems (PBST), especially from Owners or Brewers that are brewing or have brewed on their 30 barrel Brewhouse. I have read most of the post currently available, most of the feedback is about the tanks.

If you would rather not post, either send me a private message, email, or call.

garry at manzanitabrewing dot com

nine five one - two zero six - four eight nine four

Thanks,
    Garry
    ---------------
    Garry Pitman
    Manzanita Brewing Company
    Santee, CA

Bump....I'm looking into a PBST system as well. Any info can be PM'd or email directly to whosyerpappy@yahoo.com Thanks in advance. Jeff

Comment

PBST references

I am looking at buying a new brite tank from Pacific Brewery System Technologies. If anyone out there has used them, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Evan
      lumberyardbrewery@gmail.com

Comment

Any responders to this? I'm considering Pacific as well for a 15bbl brewhouse

I see this is an old thread. Wondering if the OP or respondents ended up using Pacific, and if so, what your experience was?

Anybody?

Comment

I can't speak to their brewhouses, but PBST has sold us a number of fermenters/brites over the past year that are all of really great weld quality, coming with high-quality pressure gauges, prvs, DIN fitting for racking arm, and provided good support for spare parts & questions. Overall we've had nothing but a positive experience with them.

I'd *highly* recommend that you just ask Frank for references to find breweries who are currently using their brewhouses.

Comment

Originally posted by bblackbu View Post
            I see this is an old thread. Wondering if the OP or respondents ended up using Pacific, and if so, what your experience was?

Anybody?
            I bought a brite tank off them this year as their prices are great. I asked the same questions as you to get feedback and got lots of negative reviews but decided to go ahead thinking they we're one offs or the buyer was ticked off and exaggerating. The low prices made me blind to the reviews I guess. You get what you pay for it seems. It had leaks in the tank and leaks in the glycol jacket. Unfixable without ripping the entire thing open. They wouldn't replace it unless I shipped back the unit to them first(at my expense $1800). The new unit arrived missing all the valve handles(even off the sample valve) a massive dent and multiple heavy scratches in the side and multiple nuts and bolts missing off the manway door and cip and bottom drain piping. When I asked them about it multiple times I got no response at all. I gave up as they are obviously a sketchy business and I want nothing more to do with them. Terrible products made in china and not quality checked before being sold on here. Terrible customer service and in the end I didn't save a cent. I'd never buy anything from them again and would never recommend them to anyone. In fact I'd say avoid at all costs.

Comment

I worked with frank in the past (with good results), as of recent I've seen and heard about Franks neglect and attention to details. As a matter of fact we just took delivery of 3 15bbl Uni-Tanks. As he claims to be a custom manufacture, we were very specific about what we wanted, we paid extra for the work. 4 months go by, he suggest if we change the plans to double blow-offs, and longer drain pipes, all at 2inch for free. I nicely declined. If anyone wants to see the full email thread, id be happy to FW to see how he's dealing with these issues, not to mentioned he'll not reply until you email him 100 times.. He's blaming me for any changes, but he suggested them and I declined. STAY AWAY! Anyone need more details, I'd be happy to share. email me tommy at ravennabrewing. the below is just a sample of the mess. I guess I
              m stuck.

Aug 10th -Hi Tommy:

Sorry, I don't know what went wrong. I still don't understand the
              issues.

I talked with the factory, they said that they followed the drawing.

Please consider making any adjustments and modifications.

Thanks.

Frank Ma

Heres my reply

Here are the issues

"We can make the same design as last order (see attached drawing).
              The Drawing is what I wanted, see your email. Like you said, as my last order is perfect. thanks

Or we can make some improvement at no extra charge: 1. larger hop port
              increase from 4" to 6".I Said no to this, see email, i said I'd like the same tanks as before due to space confinement.
              2. Second blow-off arm, the last tank has only one arm (CIP arm)
              Also said no to this, due to space confinement, see my email
              3. Longer drain pipe for easy reach. Some brewers prefer short L drain
              pipe for strict sanitary reason, the drain pipe isn't refrigerated.
              Also said no to this, due to space confinement, see my email

Please let me know what you think."

This is what I said

Thanks franks. We'd like the same design as last time. Just one modification. We don’t want any 2inch welds on the face of the tanks. All 1.5 inch please. The top 2inch for the blowOff is fine. But we’ll stick to 4inch hop port” as all our gaskets and claps are that size. Thank you. I like small drain pipes. No modifications please

That's the issue frank, these tanks require more space on both sides, are taller, and require 2'' reducers. Means we need to change out the hose everytime we want to clean the tanks. All these are big issues. Space is a premium. I specifically said the same as last tanks, and that wasn't met. I hope you dont think im being unreasonable, but I just wanted what I paid for. How can we make this right?

I have 20 emails going back and forth saying he's not gonna do anything. So bummed this is happening. I hate that I have to write this.
              Stay away! He does not reply to my emails, suggested I do all the modifications myself, doesn't want to speak to me, Has gone dark for 3 months now not one peep!

His last email was this
              The factory told me that they made the tank according to the drawing.
              And they will not responsibly for any late changes.
              These were changes he suggested and I said no to!!!

Comment

Frank is the best. Delivered keg washer and took delivery of awesome Glycol unit. He offers great customer support. Keg washer could be 6"
                on the loading height. But fun to work with them.

Lance

Comment

Working...
                X