Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vicarb diverter plates/gaskets

hello all,

just picked up a late 90's vintage vicarb HX and had a couple questions. It came with two diverter plates that were not installed. Anybody have any idea where they should go in the stack? I'm pretty sure they go next to each other, and I would assume near the middle of the stack would be best, just curious if others agree.

also, have a gasket question. all of the "rope-like" gaskets that are attached to the plates are in good shape. however, the last plate which has the non-gasket side facing the frame has two homemade looking gaskets between it and the two outlet connections. anybody know what the proper gaskets are to use at that point? i have contacted a few suppliers (mulanix etc) and all they sell are the glue on gaskets that go between the plates. I can provide pics if it would help anyone to understand what I'm looking at...

as always thanks in advance to this wonderful group for its help and insight.....

scott
    Last edited by yap; 06-02-2011, 08:27 PM.
    Scott LaFollette
    Fifty West Brewing Company
    Cincinnati, Ohio

since I didn't get any response originally, I thought a few pics might explain my situation better. HX-1 shows the last plate against the frame. HX-2 shows the ferrules through the frame. HX-3 shows the "homemade" looking gaskets that sit between the ferrules and the backside of the last plate. Do these look right? Is there a specific gasket I should try to source, or just make some new "homemade" ones to keep it from leaking at this point.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts....
    Attached Files
    Scott LaFollette
    Fifty West Brewing Company
    Cincinnati, Ohio

Comment

Working...
    X