Stromberg Tanks experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stromberg Tanks experience

We have purchased tanks from Stromberg Tanks twice previously and had no problem other than a late delivery. We liked the quality of the tanks and Clint Stromberg. So we decided to place a third order and in Nov 10, 2010 sent our deposit to Stromberg Tanks hoping to have tanks by Spring. Receiving no word by March 2011, I emailed Clint Stromberg and he emailed back saying the tanks were ready to ship and he would call me on Monday with the particulars. No Call. Still to this day June 10th 2011 I have had no call from Clint, and we still have No Tanks. Since then he has become almost completely incommunicative. He has not responded to email, telephone, nor letters from our lawyer.
    I have had some limited email communication with an employee of Stromberg's named Ashley, and only she seems to be able to get ahold of Mr. Stromberg. Through her we have been fed ever later shipping dates and always the promise of a phone call, never received, from Clint. Finally in early May 2011 (via Ashley) we have been promised a delivery date of June 20th to the 25th. Requests to inspect the tanks in China have received no response. Requests for a bill of lading have proved fruitless. A request in writing by our Lawyers for communication of some proof that the tanks have been fabricated and/or shipped has not been responded to. Enquiries by us with his previously used shipping agent found no current bill of lading for us nor our order awaiting shipment on the docks. The tanks are now four months overdue.
    Since Mr. Clint Stromberg will not so much as return our phone call, email, or written word in private: I am publicly asking him now to immediately return our deposit. I will keep you, the brewing community, posted via this forum.

Highest Regards,

Thomas Martin
    Legend Brewing Co.

PM me. Dealing with the same situation. We are currently at 2 months late and counting, can't get a hold of them, and paid in full. When we recieve the equipment finally we will put out a detailed post about what our experience was.

Comment

Ughh...sorry; and shout-out for Premier

Geez, that is awful to hear for both of you, and especially Legend, some of my local guys. Despite your awful experience(s), we all appreciate the post, and I certainly do the same when someone so terribly under performs (e.g. St. Pat's). And I do the same for the people who do right by me and my company; next time you guys need tanks, call Rob Soltys at Premier Stainless. Period.

Taylor Smack
      Blue Mountain Brewery
      Afton, VA

Comment

I hope the admin does not delete this thread because this is information that needs to be made public for the community. Who wouldn't like to know these things before they were going to spend massive amounts of money?

-Beaux Bowman

Comment

Trouble with Stromberg

I know a local friend of mine had the exact same problem with Stromberg. Took him nearly 2 years to get his money back. The very reason why I never even asked for a bid from him on my latest tank purchase.

That being said, I hope the first 2 posters are able to resolve this issue and let us all know what their final outcomes are.
          Cheers,
          Jeff

Comment

I am sorry to hear these stories and wish that my previous post was up about Stromberg before you placed your order. I went through the same thing that I detailed on a different thread.

I realize that I never posted the resolution to my situation. I did cancel my original order and got a system from Premier Stainless. It took almost 2 months, but I was able to get my entire deposit returned from Stromberg. The system from Premier was delivered on time and as ordered. I know it is too late for some earlier posters, but I recommend anyone getting ready to order equipment NOT to order from Stromberg. There are plenty of companies out there that deliver as promised, I had a great experience working with the guys at Premier Stainless.

Echoing the statement from Beaux, I hope this thread is not taken down as I don't want to hear about anyone else going through the experience that I went through with Stromberg.

If any of the people current dealing with Stromberg want to call me, PM me and I'll get in touch with you.

Mike

Comment

Still no response from Stromberg Tanks

We still have had no response at all from Clint Stromberg or anyone else at Stromberg Tanks. Thank you for all the other enlightening responses. Apparently there had been a previous thread about Stromberg Tanks and I am sorry to have missed it as it may have saved us a lot of grief. Someone told me Clint was getting involved in a different business. Does anyone happen to know what it is?

Comment

I'd also be curious to find out whether Clint has other ventures going. Any info would be appreciated.

Alec Stefansky
                Uncommon Brewers
                Santa Cruz, CA
                www.uncommonbrewers.com
                (831)621-6270

Comment

Premier Stainless

I love one of the responses to this thread
                  premier stainless period!
                  couldnt agree more!

Comment

Originally posted by uncommon01
                    I'd also be curious to find out whether Clint has other ventures going. Any info would be appreciated.

Alec Stefansky
                    Uncommon Brewers
                    Santa Cruz, CA
                    This may be old news, but he is listed as owner here: Five Points Brewing
                    Cheers!
                    David R. Pierce

Comment

How about Newlands Systems Inc.? NSI. Been around for nearly three decades for a reason!

Jamie Fulton

"Beer for the Greater Good"

Comment

my startup, neshaminy creek brewing, placed an order with stromberg back in late march. through every step of the process both clint and ashley have been very communicative and overly helpful with everything. i honestly couldn't ask for more, and sounds like it's the complete opposite of other people's experiences, which is very surprising, at least to me.

i actually spoke with both ashley and clint today. when i called, ashley told me clint was on the other line and would call me back, which he did. during the conversation i brought up the thread and issues that were brought up on probrewer and he addressed them directly to me, so i would hope he would to each one of you directly as well.

as for our ship/delivery date, i don't have anything to add in that respect because our delivery date isn't until july 26th, but everything to this point has been completely on the level and a good experience. i believe clint is a pretty straight up guy and decent businessman that will hopefully do right by the people in this thread that seem to be left out in the cold right now. i sincerely believe and hope that in the end we'll be able to report back a positive experience with stromberg, but like i said, so far things have been great and a pleasant experience and would have no reason so far to think that should or will change.

Comment

Stromberg has been an odd brewery vendor experience for me.

All of my interactions, upto the last, with Clint have been very good. Nice guy, very knowledgeable, prompt return on sales calls and follow ups, very competitive pricing on quotes.

Fellow Idaho brewer, Mike at Payette Brewing had the kind of experience I never want with a vendor. The last communication I sent, via email to Clint was in regards to what happened with Payette. I am still waiting for a reply 4 months later.

If/when we secure investment for our hopeful expansion, Premier Stainless and MetalCraft top our list currently.

matt g @ srb

Comment

Originally posted by fishtownhxc
                            my startup, neshaminy creek brewing, placed an order with stromberg back in late march. through every step of the process both clint and ashley have been very communicative and overly helpful with everything. i honestly couldn't ask for more, and sounds like it's the complete opposite of other people's experiences, which is very surprising, at least to me.

i actually spoke with both ashley and clint today. when i called, ashley told me clint was on the other line and would call me back, which he did. during the conversation i brought up the thread and issues that were brought up on probrewer and he addressed them directly to me, so i would hope he would to each one of you directly as well.

as for our ship/delivery date, i don't have anything to add in that respect because our delivery date isn't until july 26th, but everything to this point has been completely on the level and a good experience. i believe clint is a pretty straight up guy and decent businessman that will hopefully do right by the people in this thread that seem to be left out in the cold right now. i sincerely believe and hope that in the end we'll be able to report back a positive experience with stromberg, but like i said, so far things have been great and a pleasant experience and would have no reason so far to think that should or will change.
                            Interesting that Clint will talk to people that he hasn't screwed over yet. I'd love to hear what he had to say when you asked him directly about my system seeing as getting a hold of him is an impossible task for anyone from my company. Our delivery date is also July 26th, which is the third one given to me so far, with April 6th being the delivery date per our contract. Interesting that Clint plans on setting up my brewery in CO as well as your brewery in PA on the same day don't you think? I wish you the best but I would urge you to not live in denial about this. If July 26th is actually your delivery date then the equipment should've been done today in order to make the boat ride from China over to here. Being as you actually have the privilege of being able to talk to Clint I would suggest you get physical proof from him in the form of pictures, a bill of lading, etc. that your system is done and on the way. If he does actually send you something keep an eye out that it may actually be our system which I know is being completed in the next few days (I have been in direct contact with the manufacturer). Just looking out for my fellow brewers. Best of luck.

BTW I just got done brewing 24 gallons on my pilot system, which I will have to do everyday to keep up with demand in our tasting room because my 20 bbl brewhouse is not here yet as it should've been. Not exactly my dream situation.

Comment

Another week and no word from Stromberg

Still we have received no word from Stromberg tanks. I hope fishtownhxc's experience continues to be good. I would very much hope he will let us know what Clint said to him to justify his actions toward us and others. His hope that Clint would address these issues directly with us has not happened as yet.

Highest Regards,

Tom Martin
                              Legend Brewing Co.

Comment

Working...
                              X