No announcement yet.

Stromberg Tanks experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clint didn't mention anything to me about anyone else's order specifically. he did mention to me that he knows of this thread, and addressed it to me. i hope things continue to stay on the up and up. i will keep you posted.

Comment

I bought a used system built by DME that Stromberg Tanks sold for a third party back in February. My initial communication was with Ashley but quickly moved to Clint when they realized I wasn’t another window shopper. I flew from Idaho to San Diego to meet Clint and see the equipment, which at the time (and now to a large degree) I was woefully inexperienced to evaluate. I paid for the equipment in full and flew home the next day. Afterward, Clint was difficult to reach immediately, but he returned my calls promptly and responded to my emails. After a very minor delay that was attributed to weather, my equipment was delivered.

Since delivery my partners in this venture and I have discovered some unpleasant things about the equipment, nothing insurmountable and also nothing that can be directly attributed to Clint or Stromberg Tanks. The prior owner needs to be shot for not maintaining his brewery, but that’s not Stromberg’s responsibility. The equipment was represented as being ready to brew, but checking that was MY responsibility. – Caveat emptor.

I guess the bottom line is that I wrote Clint a large check for the promise to deliver equipment, which he did; everything else is ancillary. I have to think that if he was patently dishonest or a thief I would still be waiting for delivery or fighting for a refund. My situation may have been unique. I don’t believe Stromberg Tanks generally acts as an agent for the reselling of used equipment, but I can't say one way or the other. As for the complaint that generated this and other threads, I think it would be in Clint's best interest to address them. I hope he does so to the satisfaction of everyone involved.

On a side note… the DME equipment I bought is fabulous. It's a tribute to the craftsmanship that it’s in such good condition after 12 years of neglect.

-Jeff

Comment

Update:

We received the shell of a brewhouse and fermenters a few weeks ago (almost exactly four months late). Unfortunately none of the equipment required to make a brewing system work was delivered with it (pumps, H/X, manifolds, burners, mill, auger, etc. you get the picture....about 20 grand of equipment is still at large). I was told it would be here and be setup on Aug. 19th. Nothing and no one came. Now I'm back to sending e-mails and phone calls that are never returned daily with no word of when the rest of my equipment will ever show up. I basically have been forced to try and have another equipment supplier come in and finish the system for me. I wouldn't mind this so much if it weren't for the fact that STI has been paid in full for all the equipment as well as the install already, so it's costing double. Just reporting our news and won't say anything else about our experience other than I hope if anyone considers buying equipment from STI that they do their due diligence and heed the warnings in this thread (and the other one or two threads)

Comment

Stromberg Tanks negative experience

We entered into an agreement with Clint to purchase a new 15 bbl brew system including boiler, glycol chiller, heat exchanger, and all necessary components i.e. valves, actutators, piping, grain auger etc. December 2010 after Clint had visited our Colorado facility and we had paid a 50% deposit.
          Clint promised delivery of all equipment "installed and commissioned" in late April of 2011. The tanks, brewhouse, mashtun finally arrived in late August (4 months late and after an additional 25% deposit) Clint and a two man crew arrived with the tanks and successfully spotted the tanks in our bldg.
          Clint then informed us that he would have to return back to San Diego to pick up the boiler, heat exchanger, and other accessories and that he would be back in one "or at the very latest" two weeks with the rest of the materials/equipment. To this date 10-10-11 this HAS NOT HAPPENED. In fact Clint has ignored all of our messages whether they be voice mail, text messages, e-mails. Thanks for letting me vent - I'm sure you can tell by this message that our level of frustration has reached levels we did not know existed. Our experience w/Stromberg Tank International has been the worst business experience of my entire 35 yr. business career.

Comment

Working...
          X