Brewer required in Australia
Mt Tamborine Brewery. of Queensland Australia, seeks Head Brewer 40-50 hours a week beginning August 2011
Location: Mt Tamborine, Gold Coast Hinterland, Queensland Australia
Mt Tamborine Brewery. opened a 24 HCL brew house December 2009 Annual production averages around 100,000 litres.The brewery is attached to Witches Chase Cheese and Liquid Amber Bistro, a casual restaurant serving fresh made local produce. We are looking for a dedicated head brewer who can handle all brewing aspects of running a small brewery. Brewer works alone and is the primary brewery employee.
Mt Tamborine is a tourist destination with a year round visitors and primarily sells direct to public.
• All Beer Production: Brewing, Cellaring, Filtration, Kegging, Yeast Management and bottling (meheen 4 head)
• Recipe formulation, and following existing recipe
• Quality Assurance Operations: Cell Counts, Pitch Rates, Gravity Measurements, Process Sampling, Yeast Viability Measurement, Taste Panel.
• Ordering and management of all raw materials
• Education of restaurant staff
• Monthly inventory management and weekly excise tax records
Qualifications: 1 year prior professional brewing experience and/or formal brewing education are preferred. The ideal candidate will be dependable, self-motivated, detail oriented, with a strong mechanical ability and problem solving capability. Our brewer must have the ability to work well independently without supervision.