Sebago Brewing Company - Seeks fulltime brewer
Sebago Brewing Company operates 4 brewpubs and a production brewery in beautiful Southern Maine. We are seeking a talented brewer for a small team oriented brewery. Our eclectic brewers oversee all aspects of the brewing process in our fast pace and rapidly growing brewery. We believe in having fun in the work place while following our procedures and cleaning regiments. You will also be responsible for contributing your skills and ideas to make our operations better.
• Minimum 1 year professional experience, ready to hit the floor running.
• Knowledge of brewing science , yeast handling and lab procedures.
• Mechanical, trouble shooting and repairs aptitude.
• Working knowledge of packaging systems, both kegging and bottling.
• Creative problem solving.
• Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
• Strong organizational, record-keeping, sanitation and attention to detail skills.
• Flexible availability, including some weekend days.
• Ability to interact with brewpub guests and the public.
• Strong communication skills, including verbal and written.
• Good computer and software skills.
• Ability to take direction, follow recipes and accept constructive criticism.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties efficiently.
• A passion for craft beer, with a dedication to our core values and beliefs.
• Ability to appreciate beer without personal abuse-related problems.
• Maintenance of brewhouse, cellar and surroundings in clean and respectable condition.
• Following basic safety procedures, as dictated by common sense and company policies.
• Public tours, education and tastings.
Physical Requirements Include:
• Ability to lift 60 pounds and move 165 pounds safely.
• Ability to work in wet environment with humidity, steam and heat.
• Ability to end, twist, kneel, climb stairs often.
• Manual dexterity.
• Endurance to work long shifts when needed.
If interested, please send a cover letter with resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with BREW FOR SEBAGO in the subject line.
Sebago Brewing Company