City versus Unincorporated County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City versus Unincorporated County

I am looking at potential properties and seeking some advice. All of the properties are within the same county. However, some are within city limits and one is unincorporated. I'm looking to see what advantages, if any, there are going with an unincorporated space. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking relaxed zoning and possibly some tax issues but looking to see if anyone else has advice.

Thanks
    Nick

Have you checked the zoning for each location?

Have you checked the water source at each location for content and capacity?

How many gallons per month are in a service unit of city water and what is the cost of additional service units if required?

Are the locations on city sewer or a stand alone septic system?

Have you checked for Schools and Churches?

Comment

Clarification: The unincorporated space is not located out in the middle of no where. It is in San Mateo County in the Bay Area and there are just a few spots of land that don't fall within city limits. This particular location is surrounded by other industry including a bakery, coffee roaster and caterer so my assumption is the water if good.

The zoning is both areas checks out although the one in the city will require a conditional use permit and the unincorporated would not.

No churches/schools in the immediate area due to it being an industrial area.

Comment

If the water/Sewer is truly not an issue, and the cost of the added permit isn't exorbitant, pick the place you feel has the best potential and you are most comfortable in...you'll be spending a lot of time there.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I will make sure I check into these issues as well to make sure everything is good. My assumption is that they would but you know what assuming does...

Comment

Working...
          X