Thread: age to brew beer in the US

age to brew beer in the US

Hi
    i want to know at which age you are allowed to work in the US as a beer brewer. And when you have the qualification "brewer" here in Germany are you allowed to work in the US at a age under 21.
    I am not sure about this topic because you are allowed to drink beer at a age of 21 and higher.

please give me some answers

thanks a lot

There is no age qulification for working in a brewery other than age limets put on all working situations. I assume you are 18+ so that is fine. As far as work visa's and all that I have no idia..
    Operations Director, Tin Roof BC
    ted@tinroofbeer.com
    "Your results may vary"

I'm almost positive that you have to be 21 years old to work in a brewery in the U.S. There may be other limitations if you are not a citizen. If I'm wrong on this someone out there please bring me up-to-date.
    Ron Downer

I may be wrong, but I've always used the same guidelines for working in the brewery as selling beer. Over 18 is OK. Just no sampling! I imagine this will vary from state to state, with local liquor codes and all that.

Aloha,
    Ron

I'm pretty sure you can work in a brewery when you are 18. Bartenders and servers can they just can't drink. I hope I'm right because I've been working in a brewery since the day after I turned 18.

age to brew

Servus bavarianbrewer
    hast meine nachricht bekommen? fuer den fall das du sie nicht bekamst:bin selber brauer aus schwandorf ,bayern noerdlich von muenchen bekam meine green card durchs brauen hier in den staaten,weiss den papierweg mit den behoerden hier rueber zu kommen .
    das alter ist 18 darfst aber nichts probieren ha ha .ich werde im feb 05 eine hausbrauerei eroeffnen ,dann dauert das nochmal 2 monate bis ich die lizenz krieg ,so im april kann ich dann das brauen anfangen.vielleicht hol ich mir jemanden von bayern zum brauen oder kochen ,lass was hoeren wennst intressiert bist meine e mail ist
    harrybavary@hotmail.com
    Harald Mois