What are these No Boil Breweries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

love the "photos"

Notice how all the pictures are computer generated depictions. I'm guessing they haven't found any takers to actually build one yet....
    Scott LaFollette
    Fifty West Brewing Company
    Cincinnati, Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by el_mocoso
      Except Bock Beer, they all know that comes from what's leftover at the bottom of the tank.
      And bitter beer verities are a result of being brewed in copper kettles (by that rationale an IPA would require a copper uni-tank, be packaged in copper kegs, served in copper tankards, & drank through a copper straw). Never could find that CBU index in any of my brewing books.
      Brewers enjoy working to make beer as much as drinking beer instead of working. -Harold Rudolph

Comment

KaskaskiaBrew

Hey Hey Hey, would you look at that!!!!! I can quit my career now.....http://www.williamswarn.com/
        Incredible, I wonder what the beer taste like

Comment

I've seen these little breweries advertised in the SkyMall mag on the plane. Right next to the guy with a shit eating grin and a travel pillow around his neck. MAN! I need one of those pillows!

"Beer for the Greater Good"

Comment

Originally posted by BigWilley
            I have come to the conclusion that around 95% of the beer drinking public has no clue as to what constitutes a good or bad beer. 5% have a clue and 1% work in the industry 2% correctly evaluate the actual product and 3% over analyze and completely miss the mark. That is how these "no brewer" places survive and also how some legitimate breweries with terrible beer limp along as well. Most people are clueless as to what constitutes good or bad beer. Prove me wrong!

You are correct. However, if we all do our work right, we will get educated drinkers. I have noticed an increase in beer tasting attendees and that many are now asking quality questions about beer brewing processes and ingredients.

"Life is too short to drink crappy beer".

Comment

I am the most awesome husband and brewer in six years, unmatched in the industry. Accepting compliments now.

"Beer for the Greater Good"

Comment

Originally posted by S.Foster
                Hey Hey Hey, would you look at that!!!!! I can quit my career now.....http://www.williamswarn.com/
                Incredible, I wonder what the beer taste like
                Well all it seems to be is a pressurized temp controlled fermentation vessel with an incorporated dispenser. I guess the beer will taste as good as you brew it. If you use their no boil pre-hopped extract then it probably sucks but there is no reason why you couldn't brew some decent wort in another system and then ferment, brighten and carbonate in this thing. A Sabco next to this thing might actually make a nice little pilot system.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWilley
                  I have come to the conclusion that around 95% of the beer drinking public has no clue as to what constitutes a good or bad beer...

Not so sure about that.
                  Like others, I do also have to wonder what kind of product this turnkey 'dump & stir' system is capable of producing...
                  But like it or not, Good or Bad is totally in the eye (or the tastebuds) of the beholder, based on what that beholder will accept.
                  A good many people genuinely like beers that many of us here would hate. As far as those people are concerned, they aren't drinking bad beer at all.

And many of those people find "craft" beer to be utterly wretched (although in all fairness to them, let's face it...'small and local brewery' is not always synonymous with good beer...if they've had a bad 'crafty' product it will just reinforce their predjudice against others of the type).

But the real point is, taste is subjective. Sometimes there's no accounting for it (and even less understanding it), but as they used to say: "one man's poison is another's elixer"

Anyway, I disagree with the notion of a necessity to educate the palate of the general public. I think it's much more important to find the right audience and cater to them. Brewers that do that are the ones that succeed. There would probably be some converts picked up along along the way without even trying anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  X