10 SqM Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 SqM Filter

We are planning in purchasing a new 10 SQ M Filter soon. Does anyone know all the different companies making these and does anyone have experience with a new filter that they are willing to share. Thanks in advance

Doug Smith
    Fort Collins Brewery
    970-472-1499 x 12

I've gotten pretty intimate with a 10m Velo filter. No complaints at all. It felt like a Cadillac compared to the 7m Czech filter I was used to using (don't remember the company but pretty sure they haven't been in business for years). We used it just about everyday, pushing 200-400 bbls through a day. That was with a brewery who sold mostly super hoppy beers and a pilsner, which are all harder beers to filter. I rarely had the filter crash, and it was very forgiving in terms of flipping valves. Anyone who has used a small filter knows that with a lot of them you have to be incredibly smooth in switching from recirculation to filter mode or else you will crash the bed. With this filter you could dead-head the pump for a brief second while flipping valves without any detrimental effect. I've pushed it all the way to 800 bbl in one run without breaking down. Easy and fast to clean as well.

Comment

Yep

I agree entirely, with a small caveat:

You have to take care of it. If you just beat the hell out of day after day, you're going to have bent screens (which sucks), leaking valves (which sucks), have broken dosing valves (which sucks), etc.

Otherwise, Velos are tough and run pretty well, despite my irritation with them.

Bill

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, can you tell me if you are using Velo s.p.a. or Velo Acciai. One is significantly cheaper and Im not sure why.

Comment

Candle filter

Filtrox makes a very good DE candle filter, that has some advantages over the standard DE filters.

Graydon

FILTROX North America
          9805 NE 116th Street
          PMB A-200
          Kirkland WA 98034
          USA
          Phone: Toll free (800) 473 4526
          Phone: +1 (425) 820 4850
          Telefax: +1 (425) 820 2816
          e-mail: info@who-needs-spam.filtercorp.com

Filter Media

FILTROX North America
          9805 NE 116th Street
          PMB A-200
          Kirkland WA 98034
          USA

Phone: Toll free (800) 473 4526
          Phone: +1 (425) 820 4850
          Telefax: +1 (425) 820 2816
          e-mail: info@who-needs-spam.filtercorp.com

Comment

SPA ... Give the guys at Scott Labs in Petaluma a call. We bought our Velo from them. info@scottlab.com or 707-765-6666. Highly recommend them.
            Joel Halbleib
            Partner / Zymurgist
            Hive and Barrel Meadery
            6302 Old La Grange Rd
            Crestwood, KY
            www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

Working...
            X