Assistant Brewery Quality Assurance Manager
The Spoetzl Brewery, makers of one of the top selling Specialty beers in the United States, Shiner Bock, is now hiring an Assistant QA Manager to work at the brewery in the beautiful small-Texas town of Shiner.
Because of the unprecedented growth we have experienced over the last several years, our distribution increasing to over 40 States, and our growing national and international reputation, we have just completed the single largest hiring effort in the rich 102-year history of the Brewery and began a second shift! We are now looking for the perfect candidate to work with our Quality Assurance Manager to ensure that the quality that has made us second-to-none continues.
• Assisting QA Manager in sampling, analysis using modern lab instruments and microbiological media
• Record keeping
• Reporting and instrument maintenance in the laboratory
• Brewing, cellaring, and packaging
• Monitoring beer production processes and waste water plant
• Assisting in inventory, purchasing, training, and lab supervision
• Bachelors Degree in biological/chemical or food science
• 5 years experience in brewing quality control or food processing industries
• Strong work ethic
• Good organizational and record keeping skills
• Strong math and MS Office skills and capability to learn the brewery LIMS system
• Ability to produce reliable results
• Ability to work in a team and get along with others
• Aptitude for investigating and trouble-shooting
• Proven leadership of QA projects
• Familiarity with brewery QA protocols from brew-house to packaging
This person will work the second shift with other QA technicians and will be expected to proactively guide production personnel in reaching specifications of bright beer and packaged beer, validate CIPs, and introduce new protocols.
If you feel that you meet these qualifications and want to be part of the team making some of the world’s best beers, please submit your resume to:
…and if you happen to be in town, stop by the Brewery and for an ice cold Shiner and talk to some of our employees. You’ll like what you hear. CHEERS!
Spoetzl Brewery, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.