Beer and Cheese tasting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer and Cheese tasting

Has anyone done one at their pub? Any advice for me on putting one on? I have a local shop owner helping me with this (she owns a British Specialty shop) by ordering several of the cheeses and Co-Producing the event. While I love both beer and cheese and am quite verbose, I am wandering into new territory here. Hmmmmm, where is Garrett Oliver when you need him!

Beer and Cheese

Hi Brewmonkey,

if you can read french, there's an excellent book on the subject, '' Épousailles bières et fromages '' written by Mario D'Eer. You can order this book from : http://www.mariodeer.com/epousailles.html

Cheers !

Druid

Comment

Beer and Cheese Tastings

We done several beer and cheese tastings at Boscos and had lot’s of success with that event. Last year we had Fred Eckhardt visiting us in Nashville, and after he tasted a Camembert cheese with our Bombay IPA, his comments: “A marriage made in heaven”. You see, now you have already one pairing.
      Also, Bleu and cheddar cheese goes well with Scottish ale;
      I served Cheddar with a lighter beer, our Famous Flaming Stone Beer. I served aged chevre, such as taupiere or Fourmes, with our
      Germantown Alt.
      If you contact ALL ABOUT BEER, they will tell you how you can get
      a hold of Fred Eckhardt, which conducted the first beer and cheese tastings I know of. He could give you more advise.
      If you need more help, please contact me.
      Fred

Comment

Beer & Cheese

Check out this link.

I believe it's the article from All About Beer.

Cooking with beer, pairing beer and food, and learn to make beer a part of every full meal. Share beer recipes with others around the world.

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

Dave

Comment

Working...
        X