Unique Head Brewer Opportunity
Join an established, young entrepreneur and a successful manager from one of the nation’s leading craft breweries who are teaming up to start a new brewery in the untapped, historic Over the Rhine (OTR) district of Cincinnati, OH. This is an incredibly unique opportunity for an experienced brewer with an entrepreneurial spirit to get in on the ground floor and have a stake in everything from the beers we brew and the brand image to the layout of the brewery itself.
The OTR district is the largest in-tact urban historic district in the US, and in the late 1800’s was home to nearly 20 breweries. Now this historic area is seeing a new age of redevelopment, becoming home to a young, hip population surrounded by local restaurants & bars, while maintaining its architectural roots. Rhinegeist (“sprit of the Rhine”) Brewery will resurrect the spirit of the area’s brewing culture, becoming the pioneer in this ripe market by combining touches of classic German brewing, with all of the creativity of the nation’s most intriguing craft breweries.
1) Recipe Development
2) Managing and Execution of all stages in brew operation on 20bbl system
3) Wort Production
4) Yeast Handling
5) Fermentation and Aging
6) Beer Transfer
8) Cleaning & Maintenance
9) QA / QC
10) Staff Education / Training
1) Minimum 3yrs experience brewing in production brewery on at least 15bbl system
2) Extreme focus on quality, consistency, and organization, balanced by creativity and passion
3) Experience brewing many styles of ales and lagers
4) Recipe development
5) Degree or coursework in brewing operations preferred
6) Great communication abilities – ex. Would be comfortable and excited to present your brews at local festivals
Salary - competitive with potential equity stake for the right candidate.
Interested candidates should email resumes, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.