Isopropyl achohol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isopropyl achohol

I have a shared walking with our kitchen. i was wondering if there is a problem using 70% isopropyl alcohol with in the same room as the food. the owner is concernd it will ruin all the food.

What are you using 70% Isopropyl alcohol for again?

Comment

tc connections on my brite tanks when i connect my racking hoses

Comment

I use a spray bottle with Starsan mix to sanitize my connections. No vapors, no worries.

You could also carry around a 5 gallon bucket with a mix of Starsan or SaniClean in it and keep the TC fittings in that, dip the racking hose before connecting and you're golden.

Comment

I'd suggest ditching the Isopropyl in favor of any number of better sanitizers. Isopropyl is not food grade, is not good for rubber products, stinks, and is less effective than others. Starsan, Peracetic, Chlorine dioxide, even Iodophor would be a better sanitizer. It's also common practice to use Ethyl alcohol and flame on sample valves and other microbiological sample sites. But not Isopropyl.
          Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

if you want to stick with alcohol switch to ethel - i found a cheep source is Everclear from your liquor supplier.
            Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
            tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
            "Your results may vary"

Comment

Besides using it in hand sprayers for fittings, I keep a jar of isopropyl with odd small parts including brass or chrome plated brass, since they are not corroded like would happen with an oxidizing sanitizer.
              Besides, I am specifically wanting to kill things that are relatively comfortable in an ethyl alcohol environment.

Comment

Working...
              X