No announcement yet.

cost of hooking up glycol system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On second thought, I'm pretty sure its 3/4 thick. That makes more sense.
    Chris Enegren
    www.enegrenbrewing.com

Comment

Haha. Yeah, I thought that sounded like overkill, even for someone who has such badass P&ID 3D drawings!

Are you actually using your system now? Curious if you have any issues with running your jackets in series instead of a dedicated line from the header to each. Gets cold enough? Nice work by the way.
      Andrew Godley
      Parish Brewing Co.
      Broussard, Louisiana

Comment

The jackets are not in series. Its plumbed in a first to supply - last to drain manner with a throttling valve and pressure gauge on the end of the supply manifold to adjust the jacket pressure.
        Chris Enegren
        www.enegrenbrewing.com

Comment

No, the jackets on a single tank, not the whole plumbing manifold. I'm talking about having the 2 jackets on a tank being in series (outlet of bottom jacket goes into the inlet of top jacket) versus feeding each jacket with it's own PEX line from the header (parallel).
          Andrew Godley
          Parish Brewing Co.
          Broussard, Louisiana

Comment

The tanks are only 6 bbl. For bigger tanks I would do seperate control zones instead of series, but for now, this seems to be working pretty well.
            Chris Enegren
            www.enegrenbrewing.com

Comment

I've seen it done your way on 120 bbl tanks, so it works regardless of size. You just dont have the level of control, whatever that's worth... I am still on the fence on how to do ours which will be 60 bbl. I am leaning series, but starting at the top and going down to the middle and then bottom jackets.
              Andrew Godley
              Parish Brewing Co.
              Broussard, Louisiana

Comment

I think by having the bottom jacket first in series, the yeast cone will stay colder than the beer above. We are setting up our ten bbl conicals that way, as per Alan at premier's advice.
                2cents

Comment

Working...
                X