Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird keg foaming problem

Hey Y'all,

So I'm brewing for a 2 month old operation in DC. Stopped by one of the accounts yesterday and the bar manager told me they're having a problem with our kegs. They can pour off 1 or 2 pints and then the line blows foam. They have tried reducing and increasing the pressure on the line to no avail.

This is the only account that's having this problem. My first thought was their delivery system (they have a 'keg slide', kegs land on a pile of old tires) may be rousing the co2 out, but it seems to be an intermittent problem.

Any ideas?

Ben

check to see if the coupler is fully ingaged and check if the beer nut are tightend down if they are loose then it can let outside air in the line

Comment

Yes, sounds like the coupler might not not be installed correctly. Try the keg on a different line and see if you have the same problem.

Comment

Small leak in line perhaps. More likely, a faulty spear (look at top of spear for nicks in rubber) or a faulty non-return valve (gas or product) on your keg coupler. I would try switching out the coupler first.

Pax.

Liam
        Liam McKenna
        www.yellowbellybrewery.com

Comment

They might be missing the little rubber seal between the gas and product. Sometimes they stick to the top of the keg and you'll find them on there during your keg washing routine.

This is where keg tracking comes in handy cause you can call them up and say "hey, having problems pouring this beer?" and get them the 25cent seal before they get upset about a whole keg.

Comment

Working...
          X