No announcement yet.

temp controlled plastic conical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it will be able to handle the 4 plastic conicals I have just fine. Might not be able to crash all 4 at the same time though. Might add some insulation to the fermenters down the line if it needs it as well.

Comment

Anything you'd do differently now that you've been using this setup?

Matt Ehlers
      White Rabbit Brewing Company
      Angier, NC

Comment

We are doing something similar except we will use a beer line chiller to cool a brine tank that we will circ through the coils.

Bill Walden
        Oddball Brewing Co.
        Suncook, NH
        Bill Walden
        Oddball Brewing Co.
        Suncook, NH

Comment

I posted this on its own thread, but its not getting any traction, and I'm in a bit of a hurry because we've already filed TTB...
          I'm opening Wages Brewing Company (pending TTB approval) in West Plains Missouri, and I'd very much like to visit a brewery that is using plastic fermenters such as the plastic-mart.com ones discussed in this and other threads. Anyone near within 5 hours that would give me a tour? I'm within that distance to St Louis, Kansas City, Little Rock, Memphis, and Springfield, MO.
          Wages Brewing Company
          West Plains, Missouri
          The Middle of Nowhere Never Tasted So Good!

Comment

kind of an old thread here. curious to know if folks have preferred having their chilling coils fixed in the lid so that they can be easily removed, or done like mario did and fix them into the tank in a giant loop?

i ask because we have a pretty good deal on some tanks, but the lid is offset to the side. so the coil wouldnt be centered in the wort. if we fixed them into the tank then we could get a centered position, but that means itd be bit harder to keep them clean.

all in all, we would most likely use a pressure washer to blast the krauzen and the muck, then run a CIP with some heat. i guess at that point giving the coils- but not the tank- a scrub with a long brush isnt the end of the world. especially as the muck is typically up at the krauzen ring, not in the wort where the coils would be.....

Comment

Working...
            X