you very welcome ChesterBrew!
    Cheers!

Mario Bourgeois
    www.CasselBrewery.ca
    Casselman ON Canada

Comment

Originally posted by CasselBrewery
      Morning all!

Here is a video of our setup : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_E6a...ature=youtu.be

Cheers
      Amazing! Thank you so much, that is so helpful. Great setup.

Peter
      Peter Burbridge
      Owner
      Bridge Brewing Company
      www.bridgebeer.ca

Comment

Thanks Peter!

This week I'm adding a process view window on the lid so I can see the fermentation without having to open the lid, which makes me paranoid afterward
        Cheers!

Mario Bourgeois
        www.CasselBrewery.ca
        Casselman ON Canada

Comment

Originally posted by CasselBrewery
          Thanks Peter!

This week I'm adding a process view window on the lid so I can see the fermentation without having to open the lid, which makes me paranoid afterward
          Interesting, you can't see the krausen through the plastic? Is that so you can to crop your yeast?

I am placing my parts order and I want to make sure I have everything correct. The sample valve is that also installed with a plastic bulkhead fitting?

I am also a little unclear how you installed the stainless coil to create a seal where the pipe enters and exits the fermenter and also how you created the seal/mounted the temperature proble.

Finally, for the CIP spray ball did you install a 1" bulkhead fitting and then screw in this type (https://www.brewershardware.com/CIP10F10.html) of spray ball?

Again I can't thank you enough for your help!

Cheers,

Peter
          Last edited by BridgeBrewing; 07-19-2012, 12:40 PM.
          Peter Burbridge
          Owner
          Bridge Brewing Company
          www.bridgebeer.ca

Comment

Originally posted by BridgeBrewing
            Interesting, you can't see the krausen through the plastic? Is that so you can to crop your yeast?

I am placing my parts order and I want to make sure I have everything correct. The sample valve is that also installed with a plastic bulkhead fitting?

I am also a little unclear how you installed the stainless coil to create a seal where the pipe enters and exits the fermenter and also how you created the seal/mounted the temperature proble.

Finally, for the CIP spray ball did you install a 1" bulkhead fitting and then screw in this type (https://www.brewershardware.com/CIP10F10.html) of spray ball?

Again I can't thank you enough for your help!

Cheers,

Peter
            Yes you can see part of it but the plastic is opaque. I want to see after the krausen has dropped for any signs of infection and what not.

I have the sample valve installed on a 1.5 TC to NPT adapter, not the best since you have to play with it to seal it properly. I will get some bulkhead to seal it better.

I sealed the coils supply and return with aquarium silicone i figured no other way. For the temp probe I simply added a silicone oring and threaded it in the plastic.

For the spray ball I have a 1.5 pipe thread (both ends) bulkhead. I have an elbow with a TC to NPT adapter then another TC to NPT adapter clamped to the spray ball https://www.brewershardware.com/Rota...CIP12F121.html

This is the adapter https://www.brewershardware.com/1-1....-Male-NPT.html

My pleasure to help a new brewery!!! I was helped the same way!
            Cheers!

Mario Bourgeois
            www.CasselBrewery.ca
            Casselman ON Canada

Comment

Thanks again Mario, I have everything on order to gear up my fermenters!

Peter
              Peter Burbridge
              Owner
              Bridge Brewing Company
              www.bridgebeer.ca

Comment

Cold crash

Originally posted by CasselBrewery View Post
                Hey!

Just in our second commercial batch with plastic conicals and stainless steel coils to keep it at the right temp. We have 1x 50ft coil per tank with a temp probe on the side hook on a PID. Once the temp goes too high it close the contactor and starts the pump sitting hooked on an 80gal rain barrel in the walkin cooler.

We are able to easily maintain 62F in a room at 72F.

Pretty amazed at the performance. Sure I am looking forward at all stainless with a real chiller, it will do for now!
                I was wondering if you cold crash with this set up?
                Cheers,
                Rick Blevens
                Templar Brewing
                4449 Thatcher Rd
                Alton, IL 62002

follow me:
                Facebook Templar Brewing
                Twitter @templarbrewing

Comment

100 foot SS

Originally posted by v2comp View Post
                  leave the coils loose , basically wrap the coils around a sixth barrel or quarter barrel keg, they will spring out to around 14 inches or so. be careful not to kink it, then you kinda screw it into the hole. worked for me.
                  Where did you find 100 foot long lengths of SS tubing?
                  Cheers,
                  Rick Blevens
                  Templar Brewing
                  4449 Thatcher Rd
                  Alton, IL 62002

follow me:
                  Facebook Templar Brewing
                  Twitter @templarbrewing

Comment

you can find 100 ft of 1/2 Ssteel tubing at mcmaster.com

Comment

Right here, awesome supplier : http://stores.ebay.com/NY-Brew-Suppl...=p4634.c0.m322
                      Cheers!

Mario Bourgeois
                      www.CasselBrewery.ca
                      Casselman ON Canada

Comment

How to coil 1/2" stainless steel?

What tools are you guys using to bend 1/2" stainless steel coil? I'm not having any luck trying to wrap it around a keg.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryBoggs View Post
                          What tools are you guys using to bend 1/2" stainless steel coil? I'm not having any luck trying to wrap it around a keg.
                          \

No need to bend it, buy it in coil and just roll it in the fermenter. As for bending it you will need a pipe bender but at that size you will quickly kink it
                          Cheers!

Mario Bourgeois
                          www.CasselBrewery.ca
                          Casselman ON Canada

Comment

3/8" SS tubing coils

I used 3/8" SS tubing from http://www.nybrewsupply.com I was able to tighten the bend around a corny keg. I have 240 gal FD tanks. I removed the lid and lid ring on the tank and was able to thread the coil into it. Make sure you leave the protective rubber cap on the tube, and hold the first end you thread in so it's not stuck in the bottom. Then I was able to stretch the coil into the lower area of the tank below the waist. They all seem to work pretty well. I get temps consistent within .5 deg F wherever I pull a sample.

Comment

Figured I would show you guys what we came up with for temperature controlling our plastic conicals. We had 50' 1/2" OD stainless tube coiled by NY Brew Supply to our specified dimensions. They were great to work with and had our order done quickly and for a very reasonable price. They are certainly nicer looking than if I had attempted to coil them myself. As for the connections to attach them to the lid, we wanted to have something that could easily be taken apart for cleaning without spilling glycol everywhere. We found a compression bulkhead fitting from Colder Products Company that automatically shuts off when it gets disconnected. Everything fit together perfectly and I can't wait to start fermenting in them.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2341.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	190683Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2343.jpg
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	190684Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2344.jpg
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	190685Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2345.jpg
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	190686Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2346.jpg
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	190687

Comment

Originally posted by RipRap View Post
                                Figured I would show you guys what we came up with for temperature controlling our plastic conicals. We had 50' 1/2" OD stainless tube coiled by NY Brew Supply to our specified dimensions. They were great to work with and had our order done quickly and for a very reasonable price. They are certainly nicer looking than if I had attempted to coil them myself. As for the connections to attach them to the lid, we wanted to have something that could easily be taken apart for cleaning without spilling glycol everywhere. We found a compression bulkhead fitting from Colder Products Company that automatically shuts off when it gets disconnected. Everything fit together perfectly and I can't wait to start fermenting in them.
                                Very nice job! just make sure to seal shut that vent or you will get a contaminated batch. We replaced all our vented lids with non vented one.
                                Cheers!

Mario Bourgeois
                                www.CasselBrewery.ca
                                Casselman ON Canada

Comment

Working...
                                X