brewpub brewhouse square footage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brewpub brewhouse square footage

What is the minimum square footage for a 10 bbl brewhouse and four fermenters for a brewpub? I am putting the rest of the equipment in the basement and have a limited amount of space.

thanks
    Scott

Forum Search turned up:

which has a link to JVNW's site with details that should help.

~Phil
    ~Phil

Comment

I've searched on probrewer and the manufacturers sites, both mention square footage of the total brewing setup. I have an 1800 sq foot basement that I will be utilizing for everything except the brewhouse and four fermenters. My specific question is the minimum square footage someone has seen or used for a 7-10 bbl brewhouse and four fermenters.

thanks for any replies,
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Journeyman50
        I've searched on probrewer and the manufacturers sites, both mention square footage of the total brewing setup. I have an 1800 sq foot basement that I will be utilizing for everything except the brewhouse and four fermenters. My specific question is the minimum square footage someone has seen or used for a 7-10 bbl brewhouse and four fermenters.

thanks for any replies,
        Scott

If you are keeping filters, HLT, glycol system, steam generator, etc in the basement and only need the tanks and the 2 vessel brewhouse upstairs I would imagine you could fit tightly in about 300sq ft. (depending on the dimensions of the area of course). Figure your fermenters are 5 feet in diameter or so, add a foot for space around them and basically each fermenter will take up roughly 36sq ft of space, so a total of about 150 sq ft for the 4 fermenters. The 2 vessel brewhouse and platform probably takes up another 75 sq ft or so for a total of 225sq ft and then you have 75 sq ft for aisle space to move around the tanks. If the dimensions were right and you wanted to be really tight you could probably get away with a bit less than 300sq ft.

Comment

Thank you, that was some info I was lookin for..That is what I thought but wanted someone elses opinion.

Scott

Comment

I guess I didn't realize that the JVNW stats include all usage, including grain storage etc in their .5 to 1 sq. ft./BBL of yearly capacity. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I missed the part about the basement somehow in my reading... I should always pause and reread before responding :P
            ~Phil

Comment

Working...
            X