Experience with Easy Labeler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience with Easy Labeler?

Is anyone using the Easy Labeler HC6 to do small runs of manually applied labels?

http://www.easylabeler.com/Easy_Labeler/Manual_Label_Applicators_-_$399_-_Bottle_Labeler_Machines.html

If so, I'm curious about your experiences with the equipment. What works, what doesn't, etc. Or if I should go running and screaming away from it.

Thanks,
    - Chris

--
    Christopher Tkach
    Founder & Head Brewer
    Idle Hands Craft Ales
    3 Charlton Street, Unit 4
    Everett, MA 02149
    Tel :: 617.819.IDLE (4353)
    Fax :: 801.640.6521
    chris@idlehandscraftales.com
    Idle Hands Craft Ales is a brewery in Malden, Massachusetts, crafting high-quality and unique beers using traditional techniques and fine ingredients. Their taproom offers a cozy atmosphere perfect for sampling their creations or enjoying a pint with friends.

Facebook Fan Page
    Twitter: @idlehandsbeer
    Christopher Tkach
    Idle Hands Craft Ales
    Malden, MA

bump

I have the same question. Chris, did you end up buying one?
    Nat West

Comment

No, I found a barely used RL-1 from Race Label that I had heard good things about and it was the same cost as a new EasyLabeler so I bought the Race one instead.

I had a few email exchanges with EasyLabeler and they seem to stand behind their product and have a money back guarantee so as long as you buy it just before you are ready to start using it you should be able to return it if you don't care for it.

Good luck and if you end up buying one, share your experiences.
      Christopher Tkach
      Idle Hands Craft Ales
      Malden, MA

Comment

Thought I'd bump this up as I'd like to know any opinions on the Easy Labeler... looks solid and customer support is excellent.

Comment

We've been using the Easy Labeler for just over a year now. It's rock solid and can label the bottles either empty or full without much hassle. Is it perfect? No, but for the price, our return on investment has been ridiculous (we've labeled well over 75k bottles so far with it)
          I'm not terribly fast with it, but can still knock out a case in around 3 minutes. Some of our other employees can work circles around me with the labeler, it's one of those manual machines where you need to find your comfortable groove, then roll.
          Jason Mullikin
          Head Brewer/Janitor/Wearer of many Hats
          Mully's Brewery
          141 Schooner Ln.
          Prince Frederick, MD

Comment

Thanks Jason!

Is there an alternative anyone would like to suggest? Perhaps even an semi-auto machine that's under $1K...? Or are those even worth it?

Comment

We did one label run of about 2500 bottles with it and decided to sell it and get one of these

Much faster, easier, and more labor efficient. The easy Labeler gave us fits, wasn't user friendly for us at all.

Comment

We went with the AP360 based on feedback here. Unfortunately it didn't work consistently with our type of labels. After a year of pain we are looking at other options. Test with your labels first!

Comment

I have that easy labeler. I think it works just fine except for the hand crank feature. I don't even use the crank. If you thread the label backing like the race labeler jr. Where you just pull on it instead of cranking it works much better. I can usually do around 250 bottles per hour with it.

Comment

Working...
                  X