multi fuel burner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multi fuel burner

Is it possible to retrofit a steam boiler to use a multi fuel burner?

Yes. Let me know what you have (model #s and links to manufacturer drawings) and I'll draw up some ideas for you.

Good Steaming,
    Brian Cofresi
    Brewmaster "Steamnut"
    River City Brewing Co
    Sacramento, CA
    Brian Cofresi
    Brewmaster,

Comment

The choices are propane or nat gas and fuel oil. Those are the only options I know of. Your natural gas company will give you a rebate to be able to shut off the gas during cold spells. Then you will need a tank for the fuel oil. They can be above ground or below.
      I doubt you will want to use waste oil in it, but could. It will require more maint. Todd

Comment

multifuel

I'm interested in multifuel burners that accommodate waste vegetable oil, waste oil, and fuel oil. I know they're available, but I don't know of models that will necessarily work with my Columbia WL 60.

Comment

Why would they want to turn the NG off in cold weather?

Comment

Demand, the gas pressure in the main line that is in the street will drop off. So bigger users will cycle so that home owners will be able to heat their homes. You end up getting a better rate on your gas.

Comment

here's a link for columbia

You could call them and maybe they will sell direct to you.

Comment

I would try to find some steam techs with Columbia boiler experience and get their opinion on how exactly you might be able to get that burner to work. My experience with engineers is that if you were to ask them, for instance, if it would be ok to use the screwdriver that they designed, left handed instead of right handed; they would tell you that they will have to "run the numbers" and get back to you in a few weeks. You also might ck the various steam enthusiast forums for help. They usually have at least a few highly knowledgeable steam experts and even some very helpful engineers!
                Brian Cofresi
                Brewmaster,

Comment

Working...
                X