Head Brewer Northern CA
A new brewery located in Northern California is looking for a head brewer. This is a great position for someone who has been a brewer for a number of years and is eager to help start a company. We need a knowledgeable person who can shape the recipe and create California’s next great beer. We need an experienced and motivated person who wants to be part of a first class organization. This person will work with a contract brewery that produces our beers with our recipes under our directions. The head brewer will be responsible for direction of brewing processes, raw material selection, recipe formulation, production, quality and packaging.
The primary duties will include but will not be limited to:
• Oversee beer production at a contract brewer including day-to-day issues and quality assurance
• Manage brewing schedule with the contract brewer
• Create and manage recipes
• Assist with the development of new products including recipes, descriptions and costs.
• Manage the day-to-day relationship with a contract brewer
• Manage day-to-day relationships with suppliers
• Manage raw materials inventory and ordering
The ideal candidate must have the following qualifications and experience:
• A minimum of 5 years experience in brewing, fermentation and bottling
• Extensive relationships with contract brewers in Northern California
• Thorough understanding of brewing practices
• Extensive experience formulating recipes and a proven track record
• A bachelors or associate degree in sciences, engineering, or other related course work.
• Ability to work independently and unsupervised
• Ability to quickly identify, evaluate and solve problems with business partners
• A great attitude and attention to detail
• Great communication skills and ability to influence others
• A degree or certification in brewing studies would be very helpful.
We need a brewer who can create and adjust beer recipes based on their previous experience. The brewer will work in tandem with the contract brewer to ensure that every bottle and keg is of the highest quality. The candidate needs to take ownership of the production process and the relationship with the contract brewer. This position may need to be at the contract brewery on all shifts, including weekends at times. We seek a reliable person who takes immense pride in the beer they produce.
If you want to become part of this new and exciting venture, please email a cover letter, resume with references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.