Production Manager - Portland, OR
North American Breweries, one of the largest and fastest growing American-owned beer companies in the United States, owns and operates four U.S. breweries and six retail locations in New York, Vermont, California, Oregon and Washington. The company was formed in 2009 and is headquartered in Rochester, NY – which is also home to the Genesee Brewery.
Since 1878, the Genesee Brewery has brewed and sold the historic line of Genesee beers. Today that brewery also makes Dundee Ales and Lagers, the Original Honey Brown Lager, Seagram’s Escapes and many other beers under contract from other companies. We brew one of the company’s most popular craft beer brands – Magic Hat – from our Vermont brewery. Our west coast brewing teams handcraft the award-winning Pyramid and MacTarnahan’s craft beers. NAB also owns and markets strong import brands including its flagship beer Labatt Blue and Labatt Blue Light, which maintain strong market share among the Great Lakes region and beyond.
At North American Breweries, we take great pride in the beers we produce and market. And, we firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities. Our goal, simply put, is to use operational excellence as a strategic advantage. This means “getting the right people on the bus” and enabling, empowering, and encouraging each to perform as effectively as possible.
Join us and discover a work experience where diverse ideas are met with enthusiasm, and where you can learn and grow to your full potential. We're looking for individuals who enjoy the entrepreneurial thrill of invention and who enjoy working as a team to create a satisfying outcome for our customers.
The Production Manager is responsible for insuring that the highest quality finished goods are produced, warehoused, and shipped within budgeted costs in a safe environment. This person plans, organizes, directs, and controls the activities of Bottling Operations teams and Materials Handling functions. He or she is responsible for the performance of all teams/shifts and functions including planning, budgeting, recruiting and development, capacity and production planning, scheduling, manufacturing, materials management including receiving, shipping and distributor order processing and coordination.
• Strong personnel management and leadership skills with the ability to instruct and train others
• 3-5 years of managerial experience in high volume food/beverage manufacturing environment
• Experience with manufacturing/packaging/production systems and equipment, processes, materials flow and organizational requirements
• Thorough understanding of manufacturing COGS / cost accounting and budgeting processes, including materials, direct and indirect labor, and overheads
• Excellent organizational and planning skills to successfully manage the logistics & heavy production process
• Able to work well under pressure and stress, prioritize multiple demands and be flexible to changing priorities
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Good computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
• Knowledge of ERP software
• Able to meet physical requirements which include but are not limited to:
- Lifting heavy materials (50 lb. boxes shoulder high)
- Very high noise levels in/around bottling line (ear protection required).
- Handling of hazardous materials (hazardous chemicals, solvents and cleaners)
- Exposure to various temperature levels within brewery
- Exposure to: broken glass; wet, slippery floors; high levels of CO2
If you are committed to working for a company dedicated to safety, quality, customer service, continuous improvement, and of course making amazing beer, you may be a good fit for our team. Please visit us at www.NABreweries.com to apply. Background check, physical aptitude test and drug screen will be required.
North American Breweries offers a competitive compensation package, generous benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching.
Check out what we are up to locally at www.pyramidbrew.com and www.macsbeer.com.