Thread: What's your favorite spray bottle?

What's your favorite spray bottle?

I've been using Delta Spraymasters, but they seem to be not lasting too long lately. Do you have a preferred bottle?

Try the Consolidated Plastics spraymaster. High volume spray and pretty durable. Chemically resistant too.

That looks to be the same product under a different brand. Anyone know the story of Delta vs. Consolidated Plastics?

The google says they are the same. We've had good luck with ours. What are you putting in there?

Star San....

spray away

Zep professional sprayer... works fantastic, comfortable, holds plenty... just don't drop it!

Spraymasters quality has dropped

I'm really tearing my hair out over this seemingly minor aspect of operating a brewery...

We've always used Star San in our spray bottles but we can't seem to find a sprayer that can withstand the corrosion Star San causes over time. Even the Delta Spraymasters, which used to last months while filled with SS, are lasting only a few days to a couple weeks these days and they're too expensive to replace that often.

So I have to either change chemicals (see this thread) or change spray bottles.

Is there a spray bottle out there that can stand up to Star San? Or is there an economical, non-corrosive, no-rinse (I consider Isopropyl a "rinse" — or burn!) sanitizer that doesn't break down as it sits in the spray bottle?

At the moment, I have a 100ppm PAA solution sitting in a bucket being tested every couple days to see how fast it breaks down...

Rubbermaid

Dunno how easy it is to get Rubbermaid where you're at, but I used this (http://www.rubbermaid.com/Category/P...od_ID=RP091967) for 3+ years constantly full of Star San and it only gave up the ghost due to the occasional gravitational mishaps. Funny things is, when I went back to the big box store to replace it, they no longer carried it and am now using a Delta wide mouth typically used for spraying udders... Works, but I want another Rubbermaid - sturdy with nice adjustable spray patterns.

FarmerD

We use PAA in our sani spray bottles and the cheapo $2 ones from home depot hold up fine. But for sanitizing sample ports nothing beats a squeezy laboratory wash bottle. http://scientific-supplies.thomassci..._washbottles/0
    Russell Everett
    Co-Founder / Head Brewer
    Bainbridge Island Brewing
    Bainbridge Island, WA

70% isopropal alcohol from the drug store.