Moving Locations - TTB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Locations - TTB

If you get licensed by the TTB in one location, and then wish to move to another (because of business growth, better location, etc.) - do you have to go through the exact same process as your initial application to move, or is there a shorter route when moving from one space to another?

Is there a minimum stay required in one location before moving to another?

Obviously state orgs will vary, so this question relates specifically to the TTB.

Thanks!

Easy

In our state (Oregon) for licensing you have to go through the same process to move as if you were a new location; the TTB told us that you just have to give them 30 days notice. You may have to file a new Brewers Bond. Call them and ask.
    Dylan Goldsmith
    Brewer
    Captured by Porches Brewing Company
    Saint Helens, Oregon

Comment

When we moved, we had to submit a new Brewers Notice package, but they didn't require the entire package, since we weren't changing any ownership. It still took about three months to get but it wasn't near the hassle as the first time. The state just required a change of address notice. The local metro beer board was the worst part, they treated our application like we were a brand new entity even though we were just moving down the road.
      Linus Hall
      Yazoo Brewing
      Nashville, TN
      www.yazoobrew.com

Comment

thanks gents. i've got a msg into the TTB for some clarification. i'm hoping it's more like the 30 day timeline that CbP mentioned and not the full 90.

i'll post up their response once i hear back.

thanks again!

Comment

We are in the midst of moving locations and the process is very similar to our original TTB notice, but with fewer required docs and other items to submit. Pretty simple package, really. I submitted our change of address notification in September and just received our approval last week. That put it at about 4 months with no delays or even a phone call. I guess that's about as quick as the TTB can get an approval out these days.

Off to work on our new steam header...

Cheers.
          Andrew Godley
          Parish Brewing Co.
          Broussard, Louisiana

Comment

Reviving an old thread.

Hoping anyone who has gone through a location change with TTB can answer this before I try to call them.... Once they issue your new notice at the new location do you instantly lose your old one? Meaning that essentially as of the date of the new notice all beer must stop at the old location? Do they give you some overlap time or do you simply have two operational locations until such time as you decide to shut down the old location?

Just trying to figure out the logistics of the actual "switchover"....
            Scott LaFollette
            Fifty West Brewing Company
            Cincinnati, Ohio

Comment

We just gave them an effective date when we expected to be done at one location and brewing at the other. Of course, it went three months past that due to construction delays.
              Linus Hall
              Yazoo Brewing
              Nashville, TN
              www.yazoobrew.com

Comment

Thanks Linus. That helps...
                Scott LaFollette
                Fifty West Brewing Company
                Cincinnati, Ohio

Comment

Working...
                X