Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1-4 bbl nano brew systems

1-4 bbl nano brew systems

Hi All,

I just want to reintroduce myself and let everyone know about the nano brew systems that we build. Customers can go on our website and generate their own quotes. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at chris@psychobrewllc.com

Attached is a system that we build for Roger at Davidson's Brewery in Coopertown NY

Cheers!
    Chris Breimayer
    Psycho Brew LLC
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Very nice, what is the size of the system pictured?

Based on the size of Roger I'd say that model is size OH YEAH THAT LOOKS AWESOME but I could be a little off.

Quote Originally Posted by YSBrewer
    Very nice, what is the size of the system pictured?
    Looks like their 3-4 barrel system. It's basically two 2-kettle setups intended to be used with a hot water heater for strike/sparge water. I'm considering getting one myself for my planned nanobrewery.

We have one and have brewed 38 barrels of beer in 3 weeks with it!!

That's Impressive guys...Brew like you mean to do it on purpose!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffbeagle
    We have one and have brewed 38 barrels of beer in 3 weeks with it!!

For JEffBeagle

Mr. Jeff Beagle,

That averages out to 25.33BBls/week. Well done sir. What size system do you have, how long does a batch take, and how much beer do you end up with per batch when time to pitch the yeast (batch size less losses)?

Cheers,

Kwas

Quote Originally Posted by Kwas.Brew-ha-ha
    Mr. Jeff Beagle,

That averages out to 12.67BBls/week. Well done sir. What size system do you have, how long does a batch take, and how much beer do you end up with per batch when time to pitch the yeast (batch size less losses)?

Cheers,

Kwas
    Fixed that for ya

still, not too shabby!

Sounds like 3-times-a-week brewing to me if they're using that system...

We have just brewed our first three batches on this system.

We are brewing 4 turns in a day on it, so two mashes simultaneously twice, etc. To come up with ~ 230 gallons in the fermentor at a gravity of 1.070 or less

Just brewed a IIPA with about 3.5 lbs of hops per barrel, not including dry hop, @ 1.082 and were able to come out at 210 gallons on the button. Of course there was a lot of loss to trub/hops.

The system works well, but takes some tinkering around to get everything just right, but that would be the same with any system.

As far as time goes it is a 10-12 hour day from start to cleanup for 3 guys pretty much going non stop =) It's a labor of love, and an exhausting one. We wouldn't have it any other way.
    Beejay
    Pipeworks Brewing Company

beejay is spot on to what we do on a brew day! An extra hand or 2 is the ticket!

Cheers,

Jeff

1 bbl system

I have a custom built 1 BBL psychobrew system for my pilot brewery. It is the same as their 1 BBL setup only the control panel is a bit more sophisticated. The system uses an Embedded Control Concepts BCS460 to control the burners and pumps allowing me to program my mashes. I've probably used it 30 times over the last year. I love it! It takes me 6-7 hours to brew 0.5 to 1 Hectoliter of beer with step mashing (45 C 5 min -> 62 C 40 min -> 68 C 20 min -> 78 C mash out) and with prepping the water, milling the grain, and setting up the hoses the day before. Including that stuff, I would say that the time to brew is similar to the others who have posted.

I found the guys at Psychobrew great to work with. My system design had certain requirements that most people don't really need but Chris worked with me to get what I wanted.

1 bbl system

In addition:

In my case I am the only one brewing. I wish I had someone to clean out the mash tun and BK for me.

My system is a HERMES (coil in the HLT) and my BK has a tangential inlet for whirlpooling in addition to a standard outlet. My two pumps are set up with (2) valved inlets and (2) valved outlets. Also, my MLT has (2) valved outlets. This makes it so I only have to switch one hose during the entire brew which makes it easier if you don't have any help.

The above (in addition to the programming) is what I spent most of my time tweaking. The system from the start has always worked flawlessly with regard to the pump and burner controls.

Cheers,

Jason

Talking New Psycho Brew Control Panel Option

Hi All,

Attached are some pics of our new optional control panel that we will be offering on our website as an upgrade. Loaded with brewing software from Embedded Control Concepts. Just plug your laptop or computer in the ethernet port and you can control all brewing functions from a work station. Which includes monitoring and maintaining kettle temperatures, turning pumps on and off when need. All functions can be programed in to be done automatically at certain times and temps. Pretty much skies the limit. Or you can switch everything off and run in manual mode without the software.

This is the control panel that went on the pilot system that we built for Brewery Ommegang. Except this one does not have the touch screen that theirs did.

Cheers to All!
    Chris Breimayer
    Psycho Brew LLC
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Missouri

Chris do you have any one near Missouri that has purchase some of your equipment and wouldn't mind us looking at it.

thanks cd
    Caleb Dwiggins
    Five Sons Brewing & Bottling
    Macon MO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast