Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning - alchemy and science dot com virus/trojan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning - alchemy and science dot com virus/trojan!

Hey Everyone,

Just letting you know that at the moment the alchemyandscience.com website has been compromised. This is a great craft brewing project, but somehow their website has been infiltrated by a virus or trojan. My laptop is now dead, and one of my colleague's is now dead. Our IT guy is trying to contact them to let they know there is an issue.... in the meantime, don't go to the website!

Cheers,

Alex
    Last edited by Alex T; 01-20-2012, 01:14 PM.

Odd, I just ran several scans of the URL and they found it clean and have no history of it being infected in the past. Are you 100% sure it was that site? Its never a bad idea to be careful though. Make sure you have a strong antivirus app and its regularly updated. I also did a few scans of their associated brewery, angelcitybrewing.com and found nothing. If there was one, I guess they may have fixed it before it got into the many virus databases as a bad URL?

Sorry I'm an IT geek, been doing it for 20ish years, in the email security business, so I see this kind of thing and I get all excited
    ~Phil

Comment

It must be fixed.... Our IT guy tried to go to the site shortly after I alerted him to the issue and it was offline. So it's good to know it is back up and running. Now if McAfee can only help remove the thing....

Comment

Working...
      X