General record keeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Hodge
    send your e-mail and I will send you the sheets I use. I have fed brewers report, daily record, inventory and malt use and brew schedule for planning and ordering grain and hops. great spreadsheets.

Ray,

I would like to get a copy as well....thanks.

eric@cahababrewing.com

Eric

Comment

Can I jump on the bandwagon?

Ray,
      Could you email them to me also?
      Thanks!
      Roger Davidson
      davidsonrh@aol.com
      Council Rock Brewery
      Cooperstown,NY

Comment

Please send me Docs

Originally posted by Ray Hodge
        send your e-mail and I will send you the sheets I use. I have fed brewers report, daily record, inventory and malt use and brew schedule for planning and ordering grain and hops. great spreadsheets.
        Hey there I know this post was from a while back but any way you can share your docs with me

Luke@wickedweedbrewing.com

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by uabericm View Post
          Ray,

I would like to get a copy as well....thanks.

eric@cahababrewing.com

Eric
          Any chance I could get a copy?
          Thanks Paul
          paul@paradoxbrewery.com

Comment

thanks

great excel and great help easy download from googles

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Hodge View Post
              Ray. Could I get a copy?
              Thanks Paul@paradoxbrewery.com

Comment

Jamie@millstreetbrewing.com
                Thanks in advance!

Comment

Ray if your able to send to me too that would be great!

robert.m.bittner@gmail.com

Comment

would love to get a copy of those as well! rob@twokidsbrewing.com

Comment

Spreadsheets

Ray, if you're still sharing those spreadsheets I would love a copy! icon011@gmail.com

Comment

Well I too would like a copy dealing with that headache right now

Thanks
                        Mike
                        meme.cheboyganbrewing@gmail.com
                        Mike Eme
                        Brewmaster

Comment

Spreadsheets

I would love a copy if you don't mind

brandt.gl@gmail.com

Thanks and Cheers

Comment

You do all realize that post was from more that two years ago right?

Figure out your own needs and make your own sheets. Get familiar with your state's tax reporting, the TTB's excise sheets, and Brewers Report of Operations form. Then spend some quality time with Excel or whatever to make documents that you yourself made, that you understand how they work, that fits your own specific needs.

Here are some examples of a few we use:
                            • A hop inventory spreadsheet - what's on hand, what's on contract, at what price. If you want to get complicated you can get it to predict the future.
                            • Taproom Log - if you tap kegs in your taproom like we do, use it for records so you can do your excise taxes. Write down every keg, every time, with staff initials. Or keep weekly track of the levels in your brites if you are going that route.
                            • Racking Log - How many kegs/bbls of what beer, went where, and when.
                            • Brewday Log - "When did we brew that one again?" Plus you can use it to help with your BRoO if you write quantities of barley, hops, gravity, etc down.
                            • Brewsheets for each beer - No brainer. Anything you need to know about that beer from mill in to final racking amount. Even better, think about it as anything anyone else could need to know, so if you've got multiple people, everyone knows "This got crashed on x", or "Yep, so and so already dryhopped it with eleventeen pounds of Foo-Foo Hop Variety of the Month on day such and such."
                            • Monthly Inventory Sheet - For your federally required monthly inventories. You can legally do it on a napkin if you want, but this is more...orderly.
                            • Excise Tax Worksheet - A place for everything and everything in its place. Makes the math easier and all in one place, so when you get audited you can "show your work". Just like grade school! How much did we produce? How much did we sell in the taproom? How much wholesale? Cases, Kegs, Bbls, whatever sales mix you need. High/Low rate if you have to deal with something like that. Any discrepancies, Etc..
                            • Cold Room Inventory - you can do it electronically, but we're big fans of our big paper charts showing what kegs are in there of what sizes and kinds. Each keg gets it's own small square box at our scale. You can circle them to reserve them, write who it's destined for, cross it out when it was removed or tapped, reserve X number of kegs for the taproom or wholesale, etc. And it's visual, immediate and right in front of you. Hang it on the Cold Room door. It also functions as a double check; if you have to mark the keg down on the taproom log and on the inventory sheet you and your staff are twice as likely to remember to do it. You can write the next expected racking date when you'll see more of that beer, and an average of how many you sell a week in order to plan ahead. We do an inventory and make a new one every two or three weeks.

None of this has to be fancy. It just has to work, for you. You can do a lot of this digitally, but I find paper copies, that are ready to hand and right where they need to be, tend to be more up to date when you get more and more people involved.
                            Russell Everett
                            Co-Founder / Head Brewer
                            Bainbridge Island Brewing
                            Bainbridge Island, WA

Comment

While keeping records electronically is nice, remember that many of your records have to be signed with specific language contained. An easy solution is to print, sign and scan back.
                              Joe Infante
                              Regulatory Attorney
                              Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone
                              Grand Rapids, MI
                              616-776-6333
                              infante@millercanfield.com

Comment

Hey is there any way to get these spreadsheets sent to handbrewedbeer@gmail.com ? These sound great!

Comment

Working...
                                X