Mash/Kettle/Whirlpool Tun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mash/Kettle/Whirlpool Tun

The system I was trained on was a basic mash tun to boil kettle set up. The new system I will be working on will be a mash/kettle/whirlpool tun, type set up where I will be pumping my mash to a seperate lauter tun.

This seems to be a pain to me. However, it is what I will be working with so I have to make the best out of it. Are there any advantages to this setup? Does anyone have any tips on working with this type of system?

Thanks for the help.

We have this setup and it works great for us. Once we transfer, we mash the second batch in.

An advantage is that you can control the mash temp and run temperature steps.
    Chris Enegren
    www.enegrenbrewing.com

Comment

There is nothing stopping you from mashing into the lauter tun for single infusion mash as you are familiar with, is there? Lots of advantages to a mash mixer/kettle. It give you tremendous flexibility in what kind of mashing you can do. Decoction, step infusion, adjunct cooking, or double/triple mashing. You'll like it once you get used to the possibilities. In the mean time, use it for single infusion mashes until you are comfortable with another technique. Good luck!
      Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Working...
      X