Thread: Brewing: Science and Practice

Brewing: Science and Practice

Is the new edition of "Brewing: Science and Practice" really worth $300?

The newest edition that Woodhead lists is 2004. Where are you seeing a new edition?

Anyhow, $300 seems like a decent price. Woodhead sells it for $380, sellers on amazon range from $580 to $24,000 (not kidding).

One of the ironies of brewing beer for a living is that you can't afford to buy brewing books . Seriously, though, $300 is a pittance for a lifetime worth of useful information (how useful this particular book is, I have no idea). If you already have the previous edition, maybe not so much.

Joe

Worth every penny.

Pax.

Liam
    Liam McKenna
    www.yellowbellybrewery.com

Computerized version of Briggs

I do have the physical book (2004 edition) but downloaded the same version some years back as a PDF file. Don't recall where or how. 13 MB. If your email system can handle that large a file I can email it to you. Nice thing about the computer version is it is searchable, although the index is excellent in the physical version, something I cannot say about the 2011 Kunze-Technology: Brewing and Malting.

Email me directly at: mark@hiddenwellbrewery.com if you think you can receive the file.

Mark