Century Brewing System - opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Century Brewing System - opinions?

Does anyone have experience or opinions on a Century Brewing system , I know they are out of business, but I've noticed there has been one for sale on classifieds for quite some time - just wondering the pros and cons- if any .
    Thanks

I worked on a 30bbl Century brewhouse, 60bbl ferms and bbt. Very solid, high quality stuff. Some of the best build quality I have seen.

I never heard why they went under, would be curious to know.

Comment

Skookum is running a 10 barrel Century. Why not talk with them http://www.skookumbrewing.com/

info@skookumbrewing.com
      Last edited by Scott M; 02-05-2012, 10:58 AM.

Comment

I work on a 7 bbl. system, and have not had any problems with it. Very well constructed.

Jim Lieb

Comment

Recommended

We bought a previously-loved (i.e. second-hand) Century Brewery and we've found it excellent, even after a trip across the Atlantic to get to us.

Can't think of an instance of it giving hassle, while lots of the equipment around it gave us loads.

Comment

The manway gaskets are a beoch. Typically, they dont come with movable racking arms and all the manways have shadows. Other than that, pretty solid stuff.
            Joe Kearns
            Brewmaster
            The White Hag Brewing Co.
            Sligo, Ireland

Comment

I can't speak to the racking arms of Century systems being movable or not as a rule. The system I worked on had rotating arms. The manway doors, shadows, etc. were typical of tanks built at that time period... JV and Mueller tanks I have worked on from that era were very similar in that regard.

Comment

Bolt sizes for mounting forced air burner?

I purchased a 7 bbl Century brewhouse but the forced air burner was cannibalized for use in their upgraded system. I purchased a new one but I am curious if anyone knows the bolt sizes used to mount the burner in this kettle. I don't have power in my building yet so I'm trying to do things I need to do in the meantime while the power is being worked on and these bolts are eluding me.

Thanks in advance,
                John

Comment

Working...
                X