Splitting Lines off Servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splitting Lines off Servers

Wanted to hear about any successes or failures of running two 30ft tap lines off one 10 or 20BBl server.

Thanks,
    Ken

There should not be any problem running 2 lines off the same serving tank as long as they are about the same length. Even if they are different lengths it will work if you get the choker length right. A problem starts to arise when the lengths are quite different.

Jim Lieb
    Rocky River Brewing Co.

Comment

No problems I can see. Even if the runs were radically different you could adjust by placing a beer pump on an extremely long run and like the previous poster mentioned for smaller differences the choke lengths can take care of it.
      Big Willey
      "You are what you is." FZ

Comment

split lines

Agreed, been doing it for years on much longer lines that that with no significant issues.
        Steve Bradt
        Regional Sales Manager
        Micro-Matic Packaging Division
        Eastern United States and Canada
        sbradt@micro-matic.com
        785-766-1921

Comment

one issue...

We used to have split lines out of our serving tanks but stopped. The length wasn't a problem just the fact that both towers weren't used the same amount leaving beer to rot in the line sometimes in the lesser used tower. Had a few horrible pints go out when a server decided to use the lesser used tower. If that isn't a concern I don't see any issues.
          Cheers
          Jay Stoyanoff
          Brewmaster
          Plattsburgh Brewing Co.
          Plattsburgh, NY

Comment

Thanks everybody. Didn't think there was an issue either, but wanted some feedback before we are knee deep into the can'o'worms

Ken

Comment

I worked at a brewery years and years ago that had split lines to separate towers. We had one line coming out of the tank, and then a splitter after ~ 5 ft. with 2 shut off valves on the wall. We would shut the one to the tower that wasn't used as often unless it was really busy to avoid the above mentioned problem.
              Paul Thomas
              Brewer
              Sockeye Brewing
              www.sockeyebrew.com

Comment

Not to totally high jack the thread, but we will have two towers in our place. Where is the best place to split them? At the tanks, bar, etc?

Comment

If they are in the same area you can T off the main trunk line at the first tower. If they are in opposite places I would go off the tank.
                  Big Willey
                  "You are what you is." FZ

Comment

Just make sure the jumper lines are big enough that you can get enough flow for two taps to be open at once. We use the 1/2" I.D. ones for doing that, and we actually split them off to 3 bars...

Comment

Working...
                    X