ibrew apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ibrew apps

Sorry to break the St. Pat's thread with this (what a great thread that is), but I just got an iphone as part of my new contract package, and I am very excited indeed!

Are there any apps that have helped you manage brew house operations or administrative tasks better? I have been using Google calender and the note pad. I would love to be able to manage my inventory and plug variable costs into a spreadsheet....things like that, and whatever else you have found helpful.

Jay

Beer alchemy

Great app, create recipes, calculators for all kinds of brewing uses, etc. Evernote rocks too, les you take notes, and you can install Evernote everywhere, allowing you to view later on a pc, Mac, iPad, iPod, android device. Etc. love it.
    ~Phil

Comment

By the same guy as BeerAlchemy, BrewMath provides some very handy calculation tools for on the fly BU calcs, carbonation pressures, priming volumes, attenuation & alcohol calcs, SG and refractometer correction and simple dilution calculations. Nothing essential for daily operation, but I do refer to it often to check my numbers whenever I need to roll with the punches.

Other useful tools:

iTorch, great for finding that tripped breaker in a dark brewery, and a lifesaver for when you drop that damned nut under the stainless jungle

Convert, for moving between units.

Clear, for noting those million and one small jobs you've gotta do someday

Carpenter, uses the inbuilt gyroscope to give you a spirit level plus other bits. Rarely but sometimes surprisingly useful.

ChemiCal, have used this to manually work out salt additions before.

Comment

Originally posted by Pompeiisneaks
        Great app, create recipes, calculators for all kinds of brewing uses, etc. Evernote rocks too, les you take notes, and you can install Evernote everywhere, allowing you to view later on a pc, Mac, iPad, iPod, android device. Etc. love it.
        I concur. Beer Alchemy is full featured. I have the Mac, iPhone, and iPad versions which all sync.
        Cheers!
        David R. Pierce

Comment

+1 I love it, I emailed the company that creates it, and got a quick reply considering he's in england. I was curious if any production breweries are using it for large non homebrew batches (I'm still homebrewing, but hope to change that soon) and he said he can't confirm for sure but has seen a few people with posts on forums (maybe here?) that use it for their production recipe creation etc. So I'm planning on it if I can get the cash needed

I do love it though. I've made many recipes of my own with it and its been awesome. I too have it on my mac, ipad and iphone. other great apps, I love on the iPhone... dropbox, untappd so I can brag about the beers I'm drinking, Beer cloud for reading about beers, hopularity for hops details.. (its not as detailed on aroma as like I'd like, but its not bad), BJCPStyles for yeah BJCKP style details. Beer Reviews for links to either ratebeer or beeradvocate sites for reviews of a brew.

My other faves...
          ~Phil

Comment

Working...
          X