General Manager wanted for Angel City Brewery in downtown LA!
Angel City Brewery is the first collaboration between Alchemy & Science and Boston Beer Company - and we are ready to hire a General Manager. The General Manager is responsible for overseeing and operating all business aspects of the Angel City, including: Brewery Operations, Tour Center, Community Center, Community Outreach, and retail business. Lead the journey and help set the tone for the re-birth of the Angel City Brewery to be a great community partner, a fun and interactive Manufacturing tour destination, and a cultural and comfortable Community Center serving fantastic craft beers.
Ingredients to be the General Manager:
* Maintains brewing calendar to ensure all production, R&D and specialty brews are scheduled appropriately according to priority with Brewery Manager and VP of Brewing & Quality.
* Plan/Manage budgets for brewing supplies, raw materials and consumables.
* Participate in capital equipment review for brewery plant and equipment.
* Responsible for making brewery sanitation and safety a priority with a programthat ensures all employees are fully trained and that all safety policies and procedures are in compliance
* Responsible to monitor the brewing operations to ensure consistency of product and to determine any changes that need to be made.
* Maintain a schedule of routine maintenance on all mechanical systems in the brewery.
* Monitor effluent and environmental concerns.
* Assist legal department on an on-going basis regarding new brand registration efforts.
* Responsible for contributions to market visits to work with sales person doing beer tastings, wait staff education's, beer dinners and PR requests which adds value to market by education while bringing visibility to brand in that specific market.
* Responsible for warehouse management - Organization of brewery and warehouse space.
* Plan and execute advertising program for brewery visitor's center.
* Strategic planning for creative design of tour center and tour program to increase sales and profits.
* Evaluate new consumer communication and branding opportunities for the brewery/tour center for their uniqueness, ROI and support of the overall brand strategy.
* Oversee regulatory agencies, communications and filings
* Help make AC part of the local community by building relationships with local organizations for:
o BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS WITH DEVELOPMENT ORGS
o ARTS ORGANIZATIONS
o NON PROFITS WITHIN THE OVERALL AGREED UPON DIRECTIONS
o USE THE FACILITY TO HELP DEVELOP THESE RELATIONSHIPS BY PROMOTING THEIR CAUSES AT THE BREWERY
* Set tone, culture and model behavior for staff
* Hire, Cultivate, motivate Staff
* Manage Operating Tourist Center including brewery tours and retail operation
* Manage operating Brew PUB
* Plan (forecast) and Manage Annual Budget, P&L, monthly detail
* Oversee key Community relationships
* Direct Management of Key staff
* Spokesperson for the Angel City
* Proven knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Access. Experience w/ SAP and POS software is a plus
To Be Mixed With:
* Bachelor's degree required
* 10+ years in the Food & Beverage industry and/or Marketing Operations
* Experience in, project planning, facilities management, budgeting and financial analysis and
* Previous management and scheduling required.
* Experience managing a community oriented hospitality business - and manufacturing a plus
And Served To You With...
A variety of benefits to our employees including extensive training programs, excellent healthcare benefits, a 401K program with a generous company match, a competitive compensation package
Email Us Here