Packaging Development Engineer
Company Order Number: 1303
# of openings: 1
TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR CAREER…
The best people are the best ingredients for our World Class Company. Add yourself to the mix at The Boston Beer Company. Just like our beer is the result of the perfect mix of the finest ingredients and products, our world-class company is the result of the perfect combination of high quality talent. The Boston Beer Company is constantly looking to add "new ingredients" to increase the quality of our organization. That "new ingredient" could be you!
We are currently looking for a Packaging Development Engineer.
The Packaging Development Engineer will be responsible for leading Operations/Engineering driven packaging projects for gross margin savings or other strategic initiatives. The Packaging Development Engineer will also serve as the subject matter expert and lead for packaging material and equipment development as part of cross-functional project teams led by Brand Development.
Ingredients to be a Packaging Development Engineer:
• Manage the development and commercialization of new packaging materials, technologies, and systems.
• Lead the identification and implementation of Gross Margin improvement opportunities related to packaging materials and packaging operations.
• Lead package material qualifications and support Quality Department on vendor quality audits. Key technical point of contact with package material vendors.
• Support brewery Continuous Improvement team efforts related to packaging material delivery and performance.
• Support Procurement and Supply Chain packaging initiatives for supply continuity and risk management by providing input to RFP process and conducting new vendor qualifications.
• Lead identification and resolution of packaging material complaints and issues as required.
• Leads the commissioning and provides ongoing support of Boston Beer packaging at contract breweries and 3rd party manufacturers.
• Understand the performance versus cost implications of packaging materials and identify alternatives.
• Identify and exploit new packaging technologies to bring competitive advantage and/or superior drinker experience to Boston Beer.
• Develop project plans, CAPEX requests and budgets for assigned projects.
• Coordinates testing as required at third party laboratories, pilot brewery, or production breweries.
• Manages and executes multiple plans and identifies issues or obstacles, gains alignment and brings all to resolution.
• Ensure compliance to regulatory and company policies and procedures.
• Serve as lead for sustainable packaging activities and customer scorecard requirements
• Develop and maintain Packaging Material Specifications and documentation for assigned projects
• Develop and maintain packaging test methods and operational procedures
• Stays abreast of new technologies through networking, trade shows, professional organizations
• Effectively participate in cross-functional teams
To Be Mixed With:
• Experience with packaging development for beer, malt beverages, wine and spirits, or carbonated soft drinks strongly preferred.
• BS Degree in Packaging Science/Engineering or equivalent.
And Served To You With…
A variety of benefits to our employees including extensive training programs, excellent healthcare benefits, a discount stock purchase plan, a 401K program with a generous company match, a competitive compensation package.
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact 888.800.2424 for assistance.
Apply Here : http://www.Click2Apply.net/bzwm54g