Experinced Brewer Wanted
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
Prescott Brewing Company is looking for a full-time, experienced Brewer for its Brewpub location in downtown Prescott, Arizona. Prescott Brewing Company has been a successful & stable brewpub with 18 years under its belt and has just expanded its operations to include a new 30 bbl microbrewery production facility. The person selected for this position will be responsible for basically all aspects of the brewpub’s 10-hectolitre brewing operations and will report to our Lead Brewer.
Ideal candidates must possess:
• a strong and committed work ethic
• ability to work under the direct guidance of PBC’s Lead Brewer.
• ability to multi-task, work independently, but also to integrate him/herself “into the fold.”
• love for the art of craft beer, but dedicated to the science behind it as well
• a true concern for the safety and well-being of self, your brewery and your co-workers
• a willingness to meet and be ever-mindful of our safety goals and procedures
• ability to meet the physical challenges of brewing, including lifting 50-60 lbs multiple times during the day, climb stairs on a regular basis, stoop and work in close quarters, strength to grip and manipulate tri-clamps, hoses, valves, and other small pieces of equipment on a regular basis
• enough scientific background to be able to read and understand instruments & calculations
• Flexibility in work schedule, including weekends
• ability to speak in front of groups, lead tours, talk with our brewpub guests & the public
• ability to be around alcohol without abuse issues
• Effective time-management skills & ability to prioritize
• The duties of this position include, but are not strictly limited to:
• All aspects of brewing, including the brewing itself, filtering, cellaring, sanitation, some canning
• Reading, following and maintaining recipes with strict attention to detail
• Presence & participation in beer festivals, special beer events, community involvement
• Hands-on maintenance related to brewhouse equipment, parts, etc.
• Problem-solving, trouble-shooting
• Give brewery tours to guests & public
• Following all sanitation & safety-related procedures at all times
• Doing “what it takes” to maximize brewery production, keeping highest quality always in mind.
This position is not a “brewer in training” position, although we recognize every brewhouse has its inherent differences and proper training on the intricacies of our system is essential. It requires a minimum of 2 years commercial/professional brewing experience. Homebrewing or “volunteering at your local brewery” are not considered commercial or professional brewing experience. Formal brewing education can count towards work experience requirement.
Prescott, AZ is an amazing community with huge quality of life benefits. Small town living with a variety outdoor recreation, three unique colleges/universities, a flourishing arts, culture & music community, rich in history, high desert/mountain living with four distinct seasons.
This is an immediate opening. Hourly wages or salary w/benefits negotiable, dependent on background, qualifications, experience. Please email your resume, along with wage/salary history, to email@example.com or fax to 928 771-1115
Last edited by traynut; 04-17-2012 at 01:25 PM.