Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewery Inventory Programs

Hello,

We are currently using a program called Chef-Tec in our Pub for entering recipes, invoices, and inventory control. While it works well for the Chef Team, it is less than ideal for the brewery side of things. I am looking for recommendations of other programs that are better suited to keeping track of these sorts of things in a brewery, and can generate a summary of all raw materials, beer on hand, etc. for the accounting team to use in the monthly COG calculations.

Thanks!
    Paul Thomas
    Brewer
    Sockeye Brewing
    www.sockeyebrew.com

Have you looked at beersmith?
    Pete Broyles
    Riverport Brewing Co
    Clarkston, WA

Comment

Originally posted by pjbroyles
      Have you looked at beersmith?
      Beersmith's inventory tools seems quite handy. Just "make" a recipe and all the ingredients automatically come out of inventory.

Comment

Does it have a cost for the inventory items? Can you put bottled beer, keg beer, malt, hops, glass, crowns, DE.....basically everything that gets counted to COG and have it total them up and print a report that shows how much $ you have in inventory every month?
        Paul Thomas
        Brewer
        Sockeye Brewing
        www.sockeyebrew.com

Comment

I have used both ChefTec and Beersmith and they are both useful for raw goods inputs but I don't think either one is designed for finished goods tracking. I think you are looking for something else, sorry but I don't have a suggestion. Perhaps Quickbooks has a module or something could be designed, surely someone else out there in forumland has done it.

Comment

You may want to look at Beerorchestrateam.com. It looks like it does a lot of what you're after.

Comment

Beer run

Have not used it..and I know they have not been around long..
              But have u looked at beer run? And I think they have pub swr too.

Comment

Orchestrated Beer Management Software

Originally posted by Covert Operator
                You may want to look at Beerorchestrateam.com. It looks like it does a lot of what you're after.
                You mean http://www.orchestrateam.com
                Cheers!
                Banjo Bandolas
                Probrewer.com
                v- 541-284-5500
                banjo@probrewer.com

Comment

Originally posted by JJDay
                  Not sure where you stand on this requirement. In general these are difficult needs and there are too many solutions out there.
                  Contact us: email]info@craftgpo.com. We would be interested in looking into your needs but more details would be needed. No cost.

Cheers - JD
                  craftgpo.com
                  brewersconsortium.com

Our revamped web site is now live. Come visit us at www.craftgpo.com and read our 3 strategic imperatives focused on member needs.

Reap the Benefits of Purchasing in a Group and be Part of the Craft Community.
                  Neither one of your sites work for me.

Comment

Hey guys, I know this thread is old but it could use updating.

Software like Orchestrated Beer is a little "big" for us right now. We're just getting started and I feel like spreadsheets are more our speed at this early stage.

Does anyone have really good templates for simple inventory management and projection? I've been using BeerSmith for the time being, but I can't project anything for our orders.

William
                    20Mission

Comment

http://ekosbrewmaster.com/ Done.

Comment

We also use Ekos and it is great. Handles from raw ingredients through outside sales.
                        Also good support and reasonable cost.

Comment

Ekos seems great, and the cost is definitely reasonable. Thanks!

I definitely still want to know if anyone's got good Excel templates
                          Last edited by whm3223; 02-03-2016, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by whm3223 View Post
                            Ekos seems great, and the cost is definitely reasonable. Thanks!

I definitely still want to know if anyone's got good Excel templates
                            I really love Excel, but I have had issues coming up with good spreadsheets for inventory tracking.
                            We use beersmith for our raw ingredients inventory. We're really small and keg everything for growlers (with the exception of the ~quarterly bottle releases we do) so a combination of beersmith's inventory tool and an excise tracking spreadsheet, we are doing a pretty good job tracking everything.

My excise tracking sheet is a little rudimentary, but it gets the job done. If anyone who isn't keen on Excel would like it, send me a PM. If anyone who kicks ass at excel and would like to give me pointers, also send me a PM!

Comment

Working...
                            X