Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new to this...

Hello everybody,

as you can read in the title of the message, i'm a new member in this forum. It's been a while since I have been interested in every aspects of beers (from science of beer to the final product, beer making, distribution, and so on...). I've traveled a lot in the past year (going to such places as Belgium, Germany, England, Scotland, Netherlands and some more places...). As you certianly understood, my passion partly comes from those travelling experiences.

I have never brewed beer, but know a few things about the processes and the varieties of beer available (a lot more). I'm a first year student in Universtity, studying in Food Science, a field closely related to beer brewing (chemistry, biochemistry, management...).

Recently, I have bought a book that many of you should know about, called Principles of Brewing Science (by Mr. George Fix).

From now on, I want to increase my knowledge of beer making, brewing (and brew some beer myself), science of brewing, and important aspects related to beer in any way.

Since I know a lot of you are experienced brewers, what should I do next to gain knowledge and eventually become fully informed about the world of beer...any suggestions at all? I'm sure all of you went through the path i'm trying to follow...

Thanks very much in advance

Cheers!
    Simon

Use the search engine here to find previous discussions on the values of Brewing School, education, etc.

One thing of note for you is that the Siebel Institute does their brewing Microbiology course in Montreal.

The Siebel Institute of Technology is a vocational school in Chicago, focusing on brewing education and brewing services since 1868.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your reply,

I'll read previous posts for sure, but as far as doing a course on microbiology of brewing, I prefer to study food in its generality, and then to specialize if possible. Doesn't mean I can start specializing right now though.

thanks for your comment

Cheers

Simon

Comment

Working...
      X