Thread: Keg cleaning

Keg cleaning

Hi all ,
    I am about ready to open my nano brewery in Allegan Mi,almost complete with liscensing,but I need to rent or use a keg washer in the area of allegan ottowa county ,dose anyone know of a brewery that would let be bring my kegs to there washer and rent time on it?

All it takes is CO2 and some thinking1

You can do them yourself, doesn't tke much and you don't have to remove the spears. Takes a little longer but you don't have to travel. Just need a tap with the one way valve removed, and turning them upside down.
    Jeff

follow up question:

I was thinking of getting one of these for filling, but was wondering about the cleaning.

You mentioned a standard coupler with the one way valve removed. The same site sells a cleaning coupler for 100 bucks. I can get a standard coupler for for a 3rd of that price. If possible, would be nice to just convert a standard coupler and save the money considering how much that filling head is.

That said, I'm wondering if there's instructions anywhere on how to remove the one way valve you mentioned and convert a standard coupler to a cleaning coupler.

Thanks for the info!!

the cleaning coupler has a larger opening to allow more flow, otherwise you stand there watching the keg drain.

Converting the coupler.

The "keg cleaning couplers" are bigger dia. as the early response stated. But what happens when you hook it up through a beer nut to a hose. The hose ID then comes in to play as the bottleneck and most people don't step up to a larger ID hose although that is a much better solution. Sabco used to sell a set of valve for keg cleaning and filling with ball valve that attached to a coupler. Other than that, the one way valve in the coupler is usually a plastic ball and plastic catcher which can be easily removed with a screwdriver. We would use old taps that we could no longer use to serve beer as who cared if it leaked a little from the seal, just watch how much pressure you put into them as they still have pressure relief valves.