Head Brewer Wanted - 3 Sheeps Brewing Co.
3 Sheeps Brewing Company is seeking a head brewer to join our team as we embark on our first year of brewing. This is a very exciting time of us. We have the equipment, a great location, and a community thirsty for our product. We are looking for an individual to join our team and help us develop into a great brewery.
We have everything we need to grow as a brewery, and this individual is going to be integral in helping shape us into the brewery we are to become. It is a great opportunity for a brewer to leave their mark and grow with a brewery from the beginning.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package.
SUMMARY OF THE HEAD BREWER POSITION:
Primary responsibilities include overseeing all brewering operations for 3 Sheeps Brewing Company. In addition, the Head Brewer is responsible for beer education, service, and training for all 3 Sheeps management and staff. The 3 Sheeps Head Brewer plays an active role in product development, promotes the 3 Sheeps brand in various mediums, and participates in a wide range of cultural, community, business, and media events.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Management of 3 Sheeps Brewing Facility
* Raw Materials Inventory
* Wort Production
* Yeast handing (collection, propagation)
* Fermentation and Aging monitoring
* Quality assurance and quality control testing
* Maintenance and Sanitation
* New beer design
* Support cellar and bottling operation
* Support removals and filtration
* Festival and competition participation
* Must be willing to pitch in on tasks outside your key responsibilities
* Must have a great work ethic and attitude
* Must be able to appreciate beer without personal abuse-related problems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum 3 years in a professional brewing capacity, with accompanying understanding and experience of brewing and manufacturing/packaging/production systems and equipment, processes, materials flow.
* A degree or certification in brewing science preferred.
* A bachelors or associate degree in sciences, engineering, or other related course work.
* 1+ year of supervisory and human resource management skills, preferred.
* Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems regarding product and/or equipment.
* Strong verbal communication and organizational skills.
* Ability to interact well with the public.
* Ability to work independently, as well as in a team-oriented environment.
* Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task.
* Ability to work flexible hours – whatever it takes to get the job done.
* Knowledge of safety processes including hazardous materials.
* This position is extremely physical and demanding in nature and involves working with potentially dangerous equipment, machinery, exposure to high noise levels, and handling of hazardous materials.
* Stands and/or traverses brewery for long periods of time.
* Frequently climbs stairs/staircase.
* Frequently bends, moves, transports, or lifts 60 pounds and move 165 pounds safely.
* Use repetitive motions when brewing.
Salary is dependent on work experience. Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Grant Pauly at email@example.com.
3 Sheeps Brewing Co.