Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone familiar with Ascend Mfg. Kegerators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone familiar with Ascend Mfg. Kegerators?

I am going to be buying 40-50 kegerators, as bars in my country are not outfitted to dispense beer so we will have to outfit them. I have spoken to Ascend, BevAir and True. True already has a distributor in my country and their prices are considerably higher. BevAir would make me the distributor, their prices are competitive and they are a well known brand. Ascend would also make me a distributor, their prices are about 30% below BevAir's and their warranty is 2 years instead of 1. The Ascend kegerators seem to be very well built and the contact I have been speaking to has been extremely helpful.

Just want to know if any of you have had any experience with the actual kegerators and what your opinion of them is? Also, if I am missing any manufacturer you think I should consider please bring that up as well.

I thank you all in advance.

Originally posted by BIBC
    I've got 2 of them that have been running 6 months with no problems.
    Thanks for the info. By chance do you know how many 1/6BBLs you can fit in them? The rep told me 4 but he gave me inner dimensions of 20.5" x 18" which would only fit 3, however he says the door jamb is 2" and usable as floor space and consequently 4 fit. I don't understand how the door jamb contributes to floor space as I would imagine it gets used up by the door? What's your experience with them?

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by BIBC
      You can fit 4-1/2bbl straight sided stainless kegs inside of them.
      We have some plastic kegs from PKA but you can only fit 3-1/2bbls and 2-1/6th bbl's.
      4-1/2bbl plastic kegs will not fit inside of them.
      I also changed out the towers. The ones I ordered only came with 2 single tap towers each. I’ve attached a picture of them, not the best picture but you can get an idea.
      Nice setup you have there. I should have specified which kegerator I was referring to, which was the JDD-24 (the single 1/2BBL one). The factory claims that 4 x 1/6BBLs will fit inside of it but from the dimensions they gave me I am not certain.

Comment

Originally posted by dfalken
        I am going to be buying 40-50 kegerators, as bars in my country are not outfitted to dispense beer so we will have to outfit them. I have spoken to Ascend, BevAir and True. True already has a distributor in my country and their prices are considerably higher. BevAir would make me the distributor, their prices are competitive and they are a well known brand. Ascend would also make me a distributor, their prices are about 30% below BevAir's and their warranty is 2 years instead of 1. The Ascend kegerators seem to be very well built and the contact I have been speaking to has been extremely helpful.

Just want to know if any of you have had any experience with the actual kegerators and what your opinion of them is? Also, if I am missing any manufacturer you think I should consider please bring that up as well.

I thank you all in advance.
        Which country are you looking to do this in and can I ask if you are charging a deposit on the bars for the kegerators?

Comment

Originally posted by Renzo
          Which country are you looking to do this in and can I ask if you are charging a deposit on the bars for the kegerators?
          El Salvador. The bars will be paying for the kegerators, I will be financing the equipment for them. So far everyone we've approached has said yes.
          Last edited by dfalken; 03-25-2012, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X